PDA

View Full Version : parents on childcare

JCrakers
08-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I think Childcare.co.uk is Fab and a great way for parents to look through the profiles of childminders that interest them.
Ive paid twice but never had any replies so now Im waiting to see if anyone views my profile :D
What I find very strange is Ive had 4 parents look at my profile this week but not one of them has looked at my profile plus for my contact details...Its like theyve looked at my profile and run a mile :laughing: Ive looked at theirs and they are looking for childcare.

Do they read the same thing as I do...LOL.

My profile includes:
I am an Ofsted registered childminder with 17yrs experience in childcare. I am NNEB trained and offer a safe and loving environment where all children can thrive.
Could be mis-interpreted as:
I am really looking to work in an office and not too keen on kids. You can send them here if you wish but its probably not a good choice as I keep a lion as a pet which roams free
:laughing:

Look at my profile and give me a ring....:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
08-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Good luck. I haven't had anything from the site. Lots read my profile as well but never make contact.

Lots come to see me and lots of other local cms and all of them have gone to nurseries. We are not that bad as cms! Really!! I know others have had more success.

Mouse
08-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Do they have to have paid the fee to be able to look at your profile plus? I assume they do if that's where your contact details are.

Perhaps they've looked at your profile, but are hoping you'll contact them, rather than them having to pay the fee to be able to contact you :laughing:

AgentTink
08-02-2012, 10:35 AM
I asked childcare.co.UK this question the other day and the answer was parents who only post a free advert can only look at your basic profile information which does not include any if your contact details. As they are only free profiles parents cannot send you a msg, they have to wait for childminders to contact them via the msg me button. Once a childminder has sent them a msg the parent can then reply to you for free. The same happens as a cm if you don't pay and only have a free profile you can only look at parents but not contact them. Hope this clears it up for you.

JCrakers
08-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Yes..Ive paid twice over the past year and contacted lots of parents but not one has replied so Im not paying again.

If I was to pay and contact these 4 parents...I will bet my right arm that not one of them replies back..

Tatjana
08-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Perhaps they can put something on the site which encourages people to reply even if it's not what they're after, it is after all good manners...surely they teach their children good manners? lol! :rolleyes:

ELLA_J
08-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Good luck. I haven't had anything from the site. Lots read my profile as well but never make contact.

Lots come to see me and lots of other local cms and all of them have gone to nurseries. We are not that bad as cms! Really!! I know others have had more success.

I'm experiencing alot of this at the moment too!!! Works really slow at picking up as there are lots of CM near me and i always get my hopes up that things could be starting to pick up!

Wendybird
08-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I've only done the free profile and have had a lot of views. Only two parents have paid up and contacted me. One starts with me tomorrow and the other I didn't have spaces for. I think a lot of parents don't want to pay and are just browsing. I won't pay to contact parents as I've read too many threads like this one and assume no one would get back to me anyway :laughing: My name on there is my website name as well, so if parents google it, they will find me.