PDA

View Full Version : Parent's payment is short

Minstrel
07-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Parent has paid the invoice but is £61 short. The payment so far is in vouchers and is usually followed up by a bank transfer for the balance. It's quite obviously an oversight but how do i raise it? I was going to send a cheery text but i now a lot of you don't approve of texting business matters- if you do how would you phrase it?

Cheers.

Mouse
07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
If you have a good relationship with the parents and if payment is never normally a problem, then I would text.

I would say something along the lines of - Thanks for the voucher payment. Have noticed the bank transfer isn't showing up on my account & wanted to check it had been sent before I query it with my bank.

ChocolateChip
07-02-2012, 07:48 PM
If you have a good relationship with the parents and if payment is never normally a problem, then I would text.

I would say something along the lines of - Thanks for the voucher payment. Have noticed the bank transfer isn't showing up on my account & wanted to check it had been sent before I query it with my bank.

Sounds good to me, sometimes going in all formal can make things worse :)

Andrea08
07-02-2012, 07:50 PM
ditto that txt sounds good to me ... also as a mum i would not get upset over a txt like that and prob just send one back with oh Sh*@ sorry i forgott will send in on XYZ day

good luck with it x

Minstrel
07-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Thank you- have jut sent it so will let you know what she says.

Minstrel
07-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Hmm she says she's sure hubby has sent it so will have to get back to me. I was hoping it was an oversight, now i'm facing the prospect of chasing the bank!

Mouse
07-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Hmm she says she's sure hubby has sent it so will have to get back to me. I was hoping it was an oversight, now i'm facing the prospect of chasing the bank!

Hubby is now probably getting a rollicking for not having sent it :p:laughing:

Minstrel
07-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Ha ha Mouse yes that's about the size of it!

All sorted- payment just sent, very apologetic text sent a few minutes ago saying she'd checked and he'd meant to send it, thought he had sent it and promptly forgot.

Thanks!!

Mouse
07-02-2012, 09:02 PM
:clapping::clapping:

Glad it's all sorted :D