PDA

View Full Version : Poorly Siblings

EmmaReed84
07-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Just asking out of curiosity as I am sure this will happen eventually, but what would you do if you minded siblings and only one was ill, say with D&V or a really awful cold that required them to not attend your setting?

Would you send both children home just incase the other has the same illness but not come out? Tell parent to take poorly child home and care for them while you mind the well child, but tell them to be on standby?

Like I said not actually happened, just getting together a sort of policy type thing (although not actually going to go THAT much in to detail)

marnieb
07-02-2012, 04:03 PM
i had this a lot as I used to mind 2 siblings. Very frequently one would be ill, and the other fine so they would attend. Just before Xmas mum and the oldest lo had a terrible sicky bug, but the toddler never caught it.

AgentTink
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I would personally not send sibling home if they were well. Just because one child is I'll it doesn't mean that the whole family is. My little family has had d&v in the past, however never has it been all three of us :)

PixiePetal
07-02-2012, 04:10 PM
I only send the sick one home but parent will usually take both so they don't have to come back to collect other one - saves bringing sick child back to collect sibling :)

wendywu
07-02-2012, 04:58 PM
I dont think you can send a sibling home just in case they get ill.

I dont know any minders that do this, they dont do it in nursery or school.:)