PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and silly simple questions!

CatBonthron
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd introduce myself and say hello from sunny Scotland :joker:!

My story so far is I have just finished my Intro course with the SMCA and am now awaiting my completion certificate. Does anyone know how long this is likely to take? Secondly, i'm not sure of my next step (am very much a novice at this) or how long it is likely to take for inspection etc. My situation at the mo is that I am due our second baby in July and plan to take 6 months out for maternity leave and start childminding in January 2013 - do you think I have enough time to get things organised? If I am a member of SCMA will Ofsted automatically be informed of my position or do I get in touch with them re initial inspection (I am presuming it is Ofsted who carry out the inspections here :blush:)?

Any and all information is very kindly welcomed as my baby brain at the mo really isn't helping me move things forward on my own :confused:

Thanks

Gherkin
08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Not sure how it works in Scotland so thought I would bump this up for you. Welcome to the forum.

sarah707
08-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I have moved your post to the Scottish area of the forum where some of our Scottish members will hopefully see it!

Welcome to the forum :D

nannysue
08-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
08-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I am not in Scotland but wanted to welcome you to the forum :waving:

mrsgiraffe
08-02-2012, 10:34 PM
hiya just thought i would say hello and sounds like you're in the same boat as me, (i've done a couple of recent posts) My initial paperwork gone off to care commison people which was where I was told to ring from scma, awaiting some contact from them. Managed to get alot of my policies ready some went off with initial paperwork, got some quotes on smoke alarms as need mains and interlinked ones, sent off paperwork to fire people too. now just waiting and head full of ideas but can't go any further. I'm hoping to get registered asap as got a family needing my services.
I'm sure you will be up and running by your target time, hopefully we can bounce off each other in the weeks to come as we take this step.
Where abouts so you live in Scotland?
Emma:idea:

Amyclark32
11-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Hi there,

I am a newly registered Childminder in Scotland.

Ofsted are only in England. Up in Scotland we deal with SCSWIS who are now known as the care inspectorate.

You will need to apply directly to them in order to become a Childminder. Did they not go through the forms etc on the induction? I sent my application of to them last year on April 28th and finally got my registration certificate in November. It does take a while.
If you send your policies with your application it may speed things up.

Your first thing to do would be to call the care inspectorate and ask for the application pack to be sent to you and return it ASAP.

The SCMA course is not a formal part of registration and you will get the certificate in the post. You can show it to the inspector when they come out to see you but it's not compulsory.

All the best and any more questions, just ask.

Amy