PDA

View Full Version : Have a look at my Transitions Policy?

jadavi
07-02-2012, 02:39 PM
My DO requested a Transitions Policy.
I couldn't find one so wrote this. What do you think? Honest opinions much valued
cheers
Ja

Transitions Policy

I have already explained how I offer unlimited settling in sessions for children and parents/carers.
I hope that when you finally leave your child he/she will be as happy as possible. We will liaise about how they are settling through the diary, phone calls, emails and in person if you have time when picking up.
When they start nursery or school I will send a summative assessment of your child’s development with me to the new setting and also share the All About Me information if it is still relevant. I will also work with your child’s key worker and teacher to continue to chart the development in skills and learning in their Special Book.
I will spend time in our setting talking to your child about the new setting and how they are feeling. I read book with them such as ‘My New Childminder’ and ‘Starting at Nursery’ and ‘My New School’ etc and encourage them to share any worries they may have.
Please do ask me if you have any special requests in this time of transition.

sarah707
07-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Sounds fine to me!

It's not a requirement though so only write one if you feel it will benefit your practice.

Hth :D