PDA

View Full Version : Question about inspection visit

jadavi
07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi again,

Expecting my first inspection any day... does Ofsted check all the rooms, bedrooms and garden again like they do at registration or is it mainly looking at all the evidence of policies partnership, RAs etc etc

Cheers
ja

Tatjana
07-02-2012, 02:08 PM
My pre reg inspector and my grading inspector didn't look anywhere!!? :thumbsup:

Velleity
07-02-2012, 02:16 PM
My grading inspector didn't look anywhere either - she just came into the garden with me when we went out to play in the garden.

QualityCare
07-02-2012, 02:17 PM
I think it depends on the inspector you get, l don't have the upstairs registered except for the bathroom so no need to inspect the bedrooms.

aj2579
07-02-2012, 02:24 PM
sorry im gonna jump in on this one and ask, will i get notification that ofsted are coming to do my inspection as im expecting my about may time it will be my first one but i was told that if im still not working by then, then the inspection wont take place?
thanks
Adele

AgentTink
07-02-2012, 02:25 PM
My grading inspector did look at my registered rooms upstairs. Her words were if it on your certificate as registered I should be able to say that I have seen it. She saw everywhere else downstairs and the garden as she followed me and the children around.

JulieA
07-02-2012, 07:28 PM
My last inspector sat on her bottom on the playroom sofa - completely oblivious to the filthy looks my 2 year old was giving her cos he used the sofa to play with his cars and her bum was in the way! Everytime she moved position slightly he'd run to get her shoes and say 'Lady go home now?':laughing:

She asked lots of questions about the outside space, and I offered to show her but she refused saying it was too cold. My reply: "Oh there's no such thing as inappropriate weather, just inappropriate clothing!" really must learn to keep my mouth shut!

jadavi
08-02-2012, 08:47 AM
haha yes, my reg inspector was much more interested in discussing our husbands as they had both just retired and hers was driving her mad!!!!

Guess they're just human like the rest of us...altho sometimes \i do wonder from stories on here lol

Toothfairy
08-02-2012, 10:26 AM
I've had two graded inspections now and they were both different.
One inspector looked in every registered room and the garden, the other inspector just looked out the window at the garden and asked me questions about the other rooms.
I would make sure every registered room and the garden is ready for inspection, to cover yourself.
Good luck with your inspection, let us know how you get on.

TooEarlyForGin?
08-02-2012, 10:58 AM
On my most recent 3rd inspection, it was the only time an OFSTED inspector checked the whole house. She even went upstairs and checked every room, even though its only used for sleeping in travel cots, (so children do not play up there or walk around) she noticed my husband had left his disposable razor on the sink that morning :( what could I say, I check the play areas each morning but as they don't go upstairs I don't check up there.