PDA

View Full Version : emergency cover?

child_friendly
07-02-2012, 08:21 AM
What to do if i don't have anyone as emergency cover for childminder sickness, family emergency etc? I am just trying to think how i can get round this....my family don't live in the area and the childminders in the area all live in small villages outside.
What do you do for your emergency cover?

rickysmiths
07-02-2012, 08:47 AM
For my sickness or a family emergency I have several friend cms who all get together at cm and toddler group so the children know them who can cover if they have space on the day. I always say to parents I will do my best to find alternative cover if I can but I can't guarantee to find cover.

For my Emergency plan, so fire, flood, having to go to hospital with a child or me taken ill unexpectedly I have one childminder and two near neighbours, both who it happens have been childminders in the past, who could come to my home or collect children and they would contact parents for immediate collection but keep them safe in the meanwhile. My parents carry a card with these peoples names, addresses and phone numbers on and they have been given photos of the three of them so they recognize them.

Angela234
07-02-2012, 09:08 AM
For emergency plan i have my daughter (assistant) felllow childminder and neighbour.You could name a neighbour/good friend its just for real emergencies.

If i'm of sick etc i just close for the day i do try and give as much notice as poss i don't think my parents would use another minder especially one child doesn't know, they often get their family or friends.

loocyloo
07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
if i'm unavailable for work, then i'm sorry but the parents have to sort it out themselves. that is not what my emergency cover is for.

if it is an EMERGENCY then i have DH who works down the road ( and a girl in his office who babysits for us and has met minded children ) plus 3 friends/neighbours. they would come and stay with children/contact parents as required until all minded children collected. if its our own children DH will deal with them! it has been hard finding people i wanted to be emergency cover, as only recently moved. one friend used to childmind, another works in preschool and the 3rd used to work in a nursery. and if push came to shove, i have a couple of other people i would call on as well!

PixiePetal
07-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Like loocyloo if I am ill, sorry but thats not my main worry. Parents are told at the beginning that if I am ill/off they need to find back up themselves. I have some CM friends who the children know but can't guarantee a place.

In a sudden emergency I have DH around the farm somewhere and he has CRB as does DD but this is for if I need to take to hospital etc while parents are on their way. Also DHs aunt lives nearby and would come round till parents arrive to collect. Children know her too as she calls in for a cuppa sometimes.