PDA

View Full Version : Just Registered

Little Poppins
28-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Hi All,

I am newly registered and eager to start child minding.

I am about to start advertisnig my services and wondered if anyone could give me any tips on where and how to advertise?

Also any other tips on starting out would be great. I have all my paper work in order and the ofsted inspector I had for my pre reg inspection was very impressed with it all.

I also have another concern regarding getiing the first child to register with me. I do not have children of my own or have previous work experience working with children. Was anyone here in my shoes when they first started?

Many thanks in advance
Zoe

angeldelight
28-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Zoe

Welcome to the forum

Well done on getting registered and good luck with getting your first children

Sure you will get heaps of advice

Come and join in the chat so you can get to know everyone

Angel xxx

smartypants
28-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Hello and welcome Zoe :thumbsup:

You will find heaps of info here and everyone is just so helpful.. :D

bubbly
28-12-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm newly registered too and only began minding at the beginning of Dec. I've had several enquiries through Opportunity Links and definitely feel it's the best place to get yourself noticed.

Good luck and I hope you get some enquiries soon.

Mollymop
29-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi:)
Well done getting registered. :clapping: I bet you were very happy that ofsted where impressed with your paperwork. I am in the process of registering at the moment. Ofsted should becoming out to me hopefully the first few weeks in January. I think with advertising - putting a card in shop windows, at school and toddler groups is a good idea. Plus I am going to do a leaflet drop down my immediate roads near me as there are lots of families near me and I like to think that if they wanted a childminder they would come to me first as it would be nice and easy for their childmindr to be "up the road".
Don't worry that you have no children or experience working in nurseries, etc, I think parents care more about what you are like with children, whether you seem trust worthy and the parents will feel secure knowing that you have done your courses and Ofsted are happy with you. Just because you haven't got kiddies of oyur own doesn't mean you wouldn't know how to look after them. There are lots of childminders out there with no children or experience before hand.
I hope I have helped you a little bit.

Take care and hope to chat soon

love Sandra XXX:)

lindylou
29-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi Zoe
Welcome to the forum
Linda

Banana
29-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi Zoe,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your registration :D

I get most of my enquiries through the local CIS and also on netmums.

Its worth using Yell.com to advertise online too as they let you place a one line add for free.... just so you are in there - its worth it if it doesnt cost anything. Newspapers are a waste of time - so dont waste your money.
Advertise in shop windows and if you go to any playgroups etc... its good to have a few business cards to hand.

Your support childminder should also pass work your way :)

Good luck and let us know when the enquiries start pouring in

xx

charleyfarley
29-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Well said Sandra

You will be fine

A parent will be looking at you looking after their children

You may not have children of your own but you will need to show how you will look after the children in your care to future parents.

Well done on registering and let's hope your first mindee isn't to long in starting

Carol xx

Little Poppins
30-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Thankyou everyone for all your kind words of support and your advice everyone is so friendly.

I was never given a support childminder, everytime I called I would mention it but I never got one. Do you think I should call them again to get one now?

I have ordered some business cards and while I was doing that through vistaprint they were offering 100 free postcards so I have ordered those so I can place them in shop windows etc.

I have just looked at net mums and that looks like a good place to start also the CIS website.

I just need to start advertising now and hopefully it wont be too long before I get some enquiries.

Good luck Sandra for your Oftsed pre reg inspection hope it all goes really well.

I will keep you updated with my progress.

Thanks again
Zoe

deb24
31-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I have just put my advert up in my local schools and a few shop windows.If you have any local toddler groups they are good to advertise there too.Do you have any childminding meeting groups?You could start to get your face noticed,then they can recommend you too.Word of mouth always work best.
Good Luck