PDA

View Full Version : VC Update / Insurance question

jaja
23-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Well i dont know where to start!!! AS you may remember i have been having problems with my vc, i eventually (after some really supportive advice from you wonderful guys:laughing: ) put in a formal complaint. I endured weeks of `looks` across the playground and the so called friend deciding she doesnt want to know me any more (we were really close until this!) well i got a reply today about the investigation, and i dont know what to do about it. :angry:

"the issue of not giving out details off all registered childminders who have suitable vacancies and recommending childminders has been discussed in detail with the vc.

The vc has informed us that she does give out all details and does not recommmed any particular childminder. We are unable to find any concete evidence to the contrary and the vc has completed all paperwork and records correctly.

I wish to thankyou for raising these concerns with me, and assure you that we have stressed the importance of adhering to the code of conduct at all times with the vc"

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

WHAT DID THEY ACTUALLY DO I HAVE THREE SETS OF PARENTS ALL COMPLAINING ABOUT HER!!!!!!!!! I have had no support/contact from ncma throughout this process and have been subjected to a year of basically being back at school!!! I just dont know what to do, if she has been doing her job then why havent i had one phonecall? why have they increased their numbers dramatically? and why do i feel completely isolated and upset.

My insurance is due now, so my next question is mm better than ncma? for support? financial? and people who acutally care about you?

I am completely at the end of my teether and dont know what to do, any advice please xxx

Pipsqueak
23-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Aw Jen I am so sorry to hear that. Perhaps you haven't been told everything though the investigation and the VC sounds like she has been "told".

I would keep track of the forthcoming event and gather further evidence if necessary and if it keeps happening then report her again if you feel up to it. Ignore the playground antics - its pathetic - not easy I know when you are in that situation.

Sorry can't help you with the NCMA/MM dilemma... others will be able to advise you I am sure.

sarah707
23-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry you're still going through this... I had hoped it had died down for you...

As far as getting support - Morton Michel are an insurance company, nothing else... they will not support you with problems like that. They are, however, cheaper than NCMA so if it's a cost issue, i'd switch! :D

miffy
23-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry you still haven't resolved this - can you talk to the person who wrote to you and go through with them what they did.

You mention three sets of parents complaining about the vc - what are their complaints? Are they able to back up your claims?

To be able tp prove that she is not giving out your phone number you need to find a parent that has made an enquiry and not been given your number - that could be difficult if all the work is being shared between this vc and her friends.

It wouldn't stop me asking though if this was checked out when investigations were made as presumably the vc records all enquiries and whose name was given out.

Perhaps you should also suggest it is time for a change of vc.

Good luck and don't let them get you down

miffy xx

ajs
23-05-2008, 03:38 PM
oh what a shame that they were'n't any support to you
sorry but i am very cynical when it comes to the support they give minders anyway they really were useless when i needed them and ended up making an official complaint against one of their staff.

perhaps as miffy says you need to do more research and try to find back up.

good luck though
mandy xx