View Full Version : ooo..to text or not to text

06-02-2012, 04:51 PM

I had a call a couple of weeks ago about 3 days childcare from June12. We had a good chat and I said I would look at my vacancies and text her/ring her with what I have available.
She said a text would be great...so I did and she replied saying thank you. She needed to do some sums etc and she would get back to me.

Im so bad at waiting and so tempted to text her and see if she still needs any care. If not I can stop waiting and let it go :laughing:

Does anyone else follow up parents calls or just wait?

06-02-2012, 04:54 PM
I usually wait x no patients here but i sit on my hands :)

06-02-2012, 05:07 PM
I would wait but if l got another enquiry l would text the first one and ask for a definite answer telling her that you have another child wanting to start.

06-02-2012, 05:48 PM
If you've waited a couple of weeks then I would be tempted to contact her - I'd probably phone though (cos I'm useless at texting!). It might be that she's sorted it all out and just assumes you'll be OK with it :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

06-02-2012, 05:49 PM
i wouldnt txt her and even if i got another enquiry i wouldnt, if she wants you she would have got back to you and by leaving it is taking a chance that the place is gone, you havent promised her anything so i'd leave it

06-02-2012, 06:07 PM
i would give a quick call and ask if she is interested as you have someone else interested ;) say that she needs to visit/sign/deposit or retainer. OR, she can take a risk and contact you closer to the time.

at least that way you'll know if she is interested or not. i had children leaving me ( expecting DD and didn't think about having a variation :rolleyes: doh! ) and mum went to see my recommended childminder and loved her ... but never actually told her that! other childminder filled her vacancy and mum was gutted as she thought it was sorted!

good luck x