PDA

View Full Version : Mindees' Birthday presents

lceyork
06-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Of those childminders that choose to give their mindees birthday presents, do you tend to give the present to the parent for them to open at home with the rest of their haul (if you don't happing to be minding them on their birthday), or do you prefer to wait until the first session after their birthday so you can see them open their card and present and watch them play with their gift? I'm a bit unsure of which way to play it.

Many thanks

Velleity
06-02-2012, 04:08 PM
When my mindee turns one I will give a little present to her Mum to take home with her and probably do a mini-party and birthday cake here.

rosebud
06-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I give them to take home. I wouldn't want other mindees to get upset when one gets a present and the rest don't. (They're only very little)

mummyMia
06-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I give the presents to the mums to take home. I agree with the previous poster that it would cause trouble if one got to open a present here and the others didn't get anything. :)

wendywu
06-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Yes i also give the present to their mums to open at home :)

miffy
06-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I give the presents to parents to open at home.

I only do a birthday tea if the child is here on their birthday

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
06-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I give the presents to parents to open at home.

I only do a birthday tea if the child is here on their birthday

Miffy xx

Same as Miffy!!!!

ruby
07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
We give them to parents to take home unless we are going to thier birthday party then we take them with us

Cathy

JulieA
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Same here - presents on day closest to birthday given to parents to take home.

If child is here on their birthday then we will have a special lunch with a cake to share with our friends, and the birthday child gets to wear a special birthday hat with candles (not real candles!) if they want to.

MAWI
07-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Same as Miffy

Present to take home and tea party if here on the day

loocyloo
07-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Same as Miffy

Present to take home and tea party if here on the day

same here!

babs
07-02-2012, 08:45 PM
we have birthday tea party and pass parcel so all children get something to take home but birthday girl/ boy present gets handed to them as they leave saying give it to mummy/ daddy so you can open with your presents on your birthday..

nokidshere
08-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I also do party teas for birthdays but I dont give presents anymore - they get a card with £5 in it - nearly all my children are wanting money or vouchers towards something and its normally an item that I wouldn;t pay for - money suits us all.

And I give it to them to open on the day they are here closest to their birthdya ;)