PDA

View Full Version : Just had that conversation with mindee.

venus89
06-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Wish he hadn't said anything!

He's 3 years old and calls his willy his 'phallus' (wish he wouldn't). As he was sitting on the toilet he said 'you don't have a phallus, do you?' and I said no, I didn't

'Mummy doesn't have one either. Just Grandad does. And Uncle *****. He has a big one. And he has hair in his pants!'

Ewwwwww

Zumba-mum
06-02-2012, 01:48 PM
What did you say to that? My son who's 5 the other day say daddy i got really small hairs on my willy do you :laughing: thankfully we were home. :D.

The Juggler
06-02-2012, 01:52 PM
:laughing::laughing: remember both my dd and my ds informing friends quite loudly when they were going to the toilet and 'observing each other' that we don't have hair, you have a willy, girls have a minny, mummy has a hairy bottom and daddy has a hairy willy :eek::eek:

for the record I don't have a hairy bottom :laughing::laughing:

MAWI
06-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Note it down if your concerned. Maybe have a word with parents? If you have a good relationship with them.

Is there a possibility that there could be a simple explanation, I.e have they gone swimming as a family together?

It's always difficult when safeguarding issues /thoughts arise.

Just follow your procedures in place if your genuinely concerned.

Sending hugs

SYLVIA
06-02-2012, 02:05 PM
:laughing::laughing: remember both my dd and my ds informing friends quite loudly when they were going to the toilet and 'observing each other' that we don't have hair, you have a willy, girls have a minny, mummy has a hairy bottom and daddy has a hairy willy :eek::eek:

Oh juggler that really made me titter! I will be smiling about that all day now and i'm glad to hear you don't have a hairy bottom!

VeggieSausage
06-02-2012, 02:26 PM

for the record I don't have a hairy bottom :laughing:

lol:laughing::laughing:....one of my friends children once piped up with 'Daddy's got a really furry willy hasn't he mum'...which we killed ourselves laughing with :laughing:

debbie1
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
oh that made me laugh Juggler, i bet you would be glad of a hairy bottom in this weather would keep you warm debbie:laughing:

venus89
06-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Note it down if your concerned. Maybe have a word with parents? If you have a good relationship with them.

Is there a possibility that there could be a simple explanation, I.e have they gone swimming as a family together?

It's always difficult when safeguarding issues /thoughts arise.

Just follow your procedures in place if your genuinely concerned.

Sending hugs

Oh I have absolutely no concerns about it at all, I just really don't want to think about anyone having a hairy bottom, I like to imagine everyone's like a Barbie doll under their trousers! And this family are a little eccentric, as you can tell from the term 'phallus' (took me a long time to work out that it wasn't 'my fella', which I quite approved of) so I especially don't want to think about their bottoms :panic::blush:

Velleity
06-02-2012, 02:49 PM
My daughter keeps asking dog-walkers if their dogs has a willy or a 'bomba'.

The Juggler
06-02-2012, 06:13 PM
OMG, I hadn't even read this thread as a safeguarding concern :blush: listen if he goes to the toilet at home with family or showers when family members take him to the swimming baths it is perfectly normal for children of this age to see family members naked - isn't it ???

Bear23
06-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Wish he hadn't said anything!

He's 3 years old and calls his willy his 'phallus' (wish he wouldn't). As he was sitting on the toilet he said 'you don't have a phallus, do you?' and I said no, I didn't

'Mummy doesn't have one either. Just Grandad does. And Uncle *****. He has a big one. And he has hair in his pants!'

Ewwwwww

How funny :laughing:

The Juggler
06-02-2012, 06:21 PM
oh that made me laugh Juggler, i bet you would be glad of a hairy bottom in this weather would keep you warm debbie:laughing:

well furry boots maybe ;):blush: veggie, never heard parts described as furry before, sounds very animalistic :laughing:

Carol Raeburn
06-02-2012, 06:27 PM

This did make me chuckle :) thank you Juggler :)

kindredspirits
06-02-2012, 06:28 PM
this thread made me laugh - my DS came out of the toilet the other week whilst DH was in there having a wash, saying 'wow daddy has a really big willy' :panic::panic: I dread to think of him saying something like this to a stranger....

handeme
06-02-2012, 06:35 PM
One of my friends little boys was drawing a picture of his family at school, he was still drawing his family as stick people. Anyway my friend was approaches by the teacher at parents evening to say that this was one of the pictures that had been done by her child for family week at school, when she looked at it all of the people had an extra line between there legs. My friend must of looked puzzled and the teacher replied 'yeah we were puzzled to so we asked **** if it was him his brother, daddy and maybe an uncle' to which he replied no that's my mummy and she doesn't have a tinkle like us boys she just has hair!

C x

Twinkles
06-02-2012, 06:57 PM
My 3 year old daughter ( now 26 ) drew her uncle a picture of himself.

It had 3 legs and the middle 'leg' was huge !

'Don't be silly mummy that's not his leg that's his penis' she said !
( she did have two brothers so she knew about these things )

Uncle didn't know whether to be hugely proud of himself to be depicted this way or hugely embarrassed :laughing:

Mouse
06-02-2012, 07:00 PM
They make you laugh don't they?

I had one mindee who told me that his mummy had big boobies and his daddy had a big willy!

And I had a brother and sister who used to laugh about their mum's hairy bottom :laughing::laughing:

caz3007
06-02-2012, 07:08 PM
My DD is 22 and she used to call my bits my 'fluffy' cos of the hair :laughing:

My son sees both of us in various states of undress and to me its normal. I can remember the chat about who we knew who had willies and who hadnt, it got quite far reaching too

llkbabob
06-02-2012, 07:34 PM
If the child's family is anything like mine you don't get any privacy in the bathroom, everyone's been to the toliet, so I think I will be safe to have a shower how wrong am i!! I remember when my dd was 3 I was having a bath and she came in and said will I get a black forest like you when i'm older! I burst out laughing. Still laugh about it now

Mummits
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
My youngest lad recently asked his older brother why he was growing a beard at the top of his legs!

My eldest boy many years ago coined the term "underlegs" which we still use. He said some ladies had fur on their underarms and their underlegs!

The Juggler
07-02-2012, 01:54 PM
My youngest lad recently asked his older brother why he was growing a beard at the top of his legs!

My eldest boy many years ago coined the term "underlegs" which we still use. He said some ladies had fur on their underarms and their underlegs!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

sharonmanc
07-02-2012, 02:02 PM

This really made me giggle.

I was PSHE teacher until recently ( secondary) , sometimes it was hard to keep a straight face, particualry when talking about puberty with younger ones.

JCrakers
07-02-2012, 02:05 PM
If the child's family is anything like mine you don't get any privacy in the bathroom, everyone's been to the toliet, so I think I will be safe to have a shower how wrong am i!! I remember when my dd was 3 I was having a bath and she came in and said will I get a black forest like you when i'm older! I burst out laughing. Still laugh about it now

:laughing: A black forest..that made me laugh out loud :laughing:

dette
07-02-2012, 02:10 PM
My DS 4 gets really concerned about how i can wee if i dont have a winkie.He presumes im having a poo as im sitting down :)

rosebud
07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:Wow, I nearly wet myself reading this thread.

It always makes me laugh how different families have different names for their bits. I had a 2 year old once who used to call hers her "flower", that led to some confusion.

Mummits
07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Yes I had a little girl who had me stumped for a minute telling me she had sand in her minnie.

janminder
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
When I was a baby my brother, 4 years old, did a drawing of me and told my mum to send me back as I had a bit missing!!

LOOPYLISA
07-02-2012, 10:19 PM
When my neice stayed over last (shes was 4 at the time) she stood up on the sofa pulled her pj trousers down and told me she had a sore minnie :laughing::jump for joy:

PerkyEars
07-02-2012, 10:23 PM
My husband, who is quite well padded shall we say, was not flattered when DD observed "Mummies got boobies. And daddy's get boobies too." :D