PDA

View Full Version : display boards

aj2579
06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi all, i was just wondering what you all use as display boards?
thanks
Adele

Happy Bunny
06-02-2012, 11:57 AM
For all certificates that have to be displayed I use a cork board mounted on the wall.
Any other displays that I do, ie the childrens artwork it just gets bluetacked to the wall in the toyroom.

aj2579
06-02-2012, 12:03 PM
For all certificates that have to be displayed I use a cork board mounted on the wall.
Any other displays that I do, ie the childrens artwork it just gets bluetacked to the wall in the toyroom.

thats what i need then lol thanks Bunny, i have no where to put my certificates, is it just the ofsted registration one that has to be up? or is it all off them, do you know where i could get a copy of the 'parents poster' ?

for the childrens artwork i think i will just have to put up on the walls on a daily basis as we dont have a toy room so can put them up for whilst im working and take them down of an evening to keep my personal life separate from working life!

Happy Bunny
06-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I have my registration certificate, public liability insurance, Ofsted poster and fire plan displayed.
I think you can down load a poster from Ofsted.

cherry
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Here's the like to Ofsted and the poster

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/poster-for-parents-childcare

aj2579
06-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Here's the like to Ofsted and the poster

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/poster-for-parents-childcare

thanks Cherry very much appreciated! as you probably had guessed im new to childminding :laughing:

NicoleW
06-02-2012, 12:36 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401998_3124071143062_1303132664_33341472_584846536 _n.jpg

I don't have a notice board but this is my front room atm!!

cherry
06-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Thats ok, we're here to help. just ask :)

Love your displays NicoleW

aj2579
06-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Thats ok, we're here to help. just ask :)

Love your displays NicoleW

will do thank you :-)

aj2579
06-02-2012, 12:54 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401998_3124071143062_1303132664_33341472_584846536 _n.jpg

I don't have a notice board but this is my front room atm!!

Nicole that looks great so do you leave it up all the time in your living room or do you take it all down?

babs
06-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I have two cork boards in hall one for certificates other general display of what we are doing and some of children's art work. recently ask local supermarket what they do with their big cardboard displays told bin them so now are saving me one which I'm going to cover with cloth so children can pin anything they want to it at end of day pick it up pack it away..

NicoleW
06-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I leave it all up, otherwise it takes too long and I'm lazy.

The posters with chinese symbols on are all the children in my setting's name in Chinese Caligraphy , I did it for the New Year :)

I have taken those down now and I've hand drawn their names in big hearts for Valentines day (these are all kept so I can rotate through the year(s) )
Next will be their names on Flowers.

I normally do a huge flower at the beginning of the spring, a huge middle part where the pollen is with pictures of us all, and then our names on the petals. It starts at the bottom of my wall and the top of the flower will just reach the door. Then they all have their individual flowers at the bottom. I talk to the children about how much of all our love put together makes one huge flower because we have lots of love to share.

Sometimes when I sit back at the end of a very hard day I do get a bit miffed that my front room looks like a nursery. We're moving soon so I'm hoping to have a conservatory in the new house that I'll make into a play room with crash mats down, windows covered in their artworks, and make some nice shelves to keep boxes on with their toys in to make it a bit more esily accessible.

loocyloo
06-02-2012, 01:43 PM
i have all my parents posters/certificates etc in a plastic pocket picture wall hanging thing! that hangs on a hook in my porch opposite the front door. in theory i take it down, in practice i don't! ;)

art work is blutacked to conservatory windows.

i do have some A4 display boards from PTS ( called target boards ) that i put some work or themed pictures in for the children.

aj2579
06-02-2012, 02:18 PM
i have all my parents posters/certificates etc in a plastic pocket picture wall hanging thing! that hangs on a hook in my porch opposite the front door. in theory i take it down, in practice i don't! ;)

i do have some A4 display boards from PTS ( called target boards ) that i put some work or themed pictures in for the children.

oh that looks good and very professional, at least im getting some ideas at the moment, as think perhaps i need to sort this all out as this could be why im not getting any buisness perhaps as theres nothing on display but then i suppose i need childen in my setting to be able to put some art work on display lol

NicoleW
06-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Where did you get that holder from??

loocyloo
06-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Where did you get that holder from??

amazon!

its called an A4 pocket display i think! don't forget to use the forum link to amazon ;)

miffy
06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
My certificates are in photo frames that I just put in a drawer when I'm not working. The children's artwork just gets blutacked on the wall.

Miffy xx

NicoleW
06-02-2012, 03:41 PM
amazon!

its called an A4 pocket display i think! don't forget to use the forum link to amazon ;)

What forum link ?

miffy
06-02-2012, 03:45 PM
What forum link ?

Click on help the forum at top of page and then you'll see the link.

Miffy xx

angeldelight
06-02-2012, 03:56 PM
What forum link ?

Click on the link and you will find the information

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Angel xx

nokidshere
06-02-2012, 08:51 PM
I don't have any display boards in my house nor do I have certificates displayed.

NicoleW
06-02-2012, 10:21 PM
I thought it was a requirement to have your certificate on display and the Ofsted poster too?

betty boop
06-02-2012, 10:26 PM
My kitchen walls are my notice board

onceinabluemoon
07-02-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't have any display boards in my house nor do I have certificates displayed.

We are legally required to have our registration cert and the parent poster displayed when we are working hun

nokidshere
07-02-2012, 08:51 PM
We are legally required to have our registration cert and the parent poster displayed when we are working hun

I have been a childminder for over 10 years. I have never displayed my certificate and it is never mentioned on my inspection report. The certificate is in a display book which is easily accessible should anyone want to see it.

When it has been mentioned at my inspection (although hasn't been for the past two inspections) I ask why do we need to and no-one can give me an answer. We do not have passing trade, the children don't need to see it, the parents get a copy in their welcome file and its no-one elses business. Ofsted cannot not show me any legal requirement for having it displayed, they simply refer me to their guidleines. And, when I emailed for clarification (after having this discussion previously on here) they simply said "its a legal requirement" but could not show me the law that apertains to it - which, to me, is not a good enough reason to do something. I also asked for a reason and they didn't reply to that part of my email. Thats because there is no good reason for us having to have it displayed!

I have no issue with rules and regulations as long as they have a purpose. I refuse to kowtow to Ofsted's silly nonsense without reason.

I am certainly not advocating that anyone else does what I do, simply explaining why I don't.

rosebud
07-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I use a cork board for certificates which I hang on an over the door hook in the hall and take down when not working. I put photographs into "picture pockets" and also hang these on over door hooks, they have minding photos on the front and family photos on the back so I just turn them round when I'm not working.
Artwork goes home or into LJ's as I don't have a playroom and don't want to spend my time off living in a nursery! I try to do lots of garden based artwork - painting stones as ladybirds or people, making raincatchers out of painted plastic bottles, hanging cd's from ribbons etc, I don't mind having this kind of thing in the garden and it looks nice and child friendly.

jadavi
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Nokidshere how do you stand re the data protection payment of £40 that cannot be justified apart from admin purposes? They offer no form of protection. There is no reason for it.
I am holding out on this one till I get an answer and so far no one is bothering. My do applauded me!

Vickster
07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I use an A4 pocket display too. There is a hook in a hallway and one in the play room! It is on either one of these.....depending on how efficient I am feeling

SamBaker
08-02-2012, 06:19 AM

I think this looks lovely, very neat. Think I will be investing too lol!!

mama2three
08-02-2012, 07:14 AM
My display board is a large canvas , so very light. My displays ( this is one of them , a work in progress for nchinese new year) They are taken down at the end of the childminding day so I can have my lounge back!! They are stacked in the downstairs loo overnight , which is only used for mindees so doubles up as a cupboard for things Ill need out again the next morning. I do make sure its all cleaned first!!

Tink
08-02-2012, 07:18 AM
I bought one of these for my displays, it's quite big and not very expensive:thumbsup:
http://www.officefurnitureonline.co.uk/shop/bi-office-designer-tech-cork-noticeboards.html

jumping j
08-02-2012, 11:21 AM
thank you
Ive been worrying about how to display everything, certificates, menu, parent information and then I'm doing the ECAT and was advised to display info on song/story of the week and ideas on how to help children talk and communicate.
With all that my entrance was starting to look like an office!!!
I've just ordered the A4 display so it should keep it a liitle tidier!!! Hopefully the OH will stop moaning now!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

NicoleW
08-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I have those dragons lol!

I'v ejust ordered one too lol we're all gonna have 'em

Andrea08
08-02-2012, 01:20 PM

ive just had my hall decorated and no way am i having work stuff on my new walls....

but.... i got a A4 size see through foulder and all ofsted and insurance stuff is in that , i asked parents to sign a letter in my visitors book saying that they know where the info is and agree to how its displayed..

after all i pick up and drop off most of my mindees so parents never come to the house much now anyway!!

kids displays are on the wall in play room but if i didnt have a play room i would not put it on my lounge walls ... might bluetac to the patio doors for the day and then send home...

after all this i did use to have work stuff everywhere!! but im going bk to a home from home setting and not a mini nursery... since EYFS most cm's have made a room in their home to be a nursery space with all their continual provisions and paperwork and displays but a lot of my friends dont have an extra room to do this ...

now my kids are older i am sick to the bk teeth of all this stuff and want to down size my provisions but hay where to start lol

aj2579
08-02-2012, 01:28 PM
hi all, loving all the ideas and the pictures your all putting up, where can i find pictures to print off to decorate the area that all this will be for example the 'dragons' so i can stick them on the table etc?

mama2three
08-02-2012, 01:34 PM
i like ******.co.uk for display pictures , ****** and activity village are good too x

Rubybubbles
29-02-2012, 09:12 PM

oh I like this! I used to display on a cork board but this looks much neater;)