PDA

View Full Version : Relaxed parent or unorganised..lol

JCrakers
06-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Well I had someone approach me in the playground about looking after her two children after school (5and8yrs)
Someone I know and mind for had recommended me :D

We agreed on days/hours in the playground and I dropped some paperwork round on Friday for a Tuesday start (tomorrow)
I said nip round with the children at the weekend so you can see where I live, the children can see where they are coming etc. Even if its for 10mins or so.
No one came so I texted her to see if she has changed her mind but she hasnt and she is dropping the paperwork off later when she sees me at school.

So..Ive only met the children for 2 mins in the playground, I dont know which classroom 1 of the children is in and the children dont know where they are exactly going after school tomorrow :rolleyes:
This ones going to be really relaxed about things or just very unorganised...lol :D

tess1981
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
First impression of parent not too good from where I am standing... :(
You might need to start as you mean to go with this one and do not be a push over ...
Good luck :laughing:

crazyhazy
06-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I think they're probably just relaxed and happy with you since you were recommended. I had two children for a couple of days during the xmas holidays, same ages and the mum called me the week before xmas asked if I had space for them (another minder had recommended me), we agreed times etc and that was all I heard until they turned up on the day. I didn't meet the mum beforehand or the children and it was all fine, I think the fact there was 2 of them and they weren't small meant they understood they were going somewhere different etc. It's not the way I would do it with my children but I don't see much issue with it tbh.