PDA

View Full Version : Oven broken...

NicoleW
05-02-2012, 05:43 PM
And I have no microwave, I had a full timer I have to provide meals for eeep! Any suggestions?

I don't get paid til friday as it takes a stupid amount of time for the payment to clear in my bank :(

Maza
05-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Spag bol, pasta with sauces, rissoto, fajitas, soup, rice and pan fried chicken with veg, couscous and chicken drumsticks and veg, gnocchi and sauce, stir fry and noodles, boiled potatoes with grilled chops or pre-cooked chicken and veg, mince with chopped veg. I had this problem for a few months! I got used to using my hob but I didn't half miss a good old roast!

sarah707
05-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Like Maza says - anything in a pan!

Can you borrow a microwave from anyone?

hth :D

ajs
05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Have you got a hob we didn't have an oven for 4 months at the end of last year. You manage because you have to

mushpea
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
get a slowcooker then you can do most things in these, bolognaise sauce, which can double up for spag bol, lasagne, cottage pie, you can roast in them and make chillis, currys, caseroles and stews, mine cost £20 but am sure there are some cheaper than this.
I would talk to the parent and explain the predicament,, ask if you can either provide simple meals like beans on toast or cheese on toast, or soup if you have a hob untill you get a new oven or say you can do cooked food but will offer a snack till home time.

Ali56
05-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Our oven broke too, just before christmas, was broken for about 6 weeks in the end as hotpoint messed up the appts and repairs! We managed with alsorts of meals cooked on hob, electric steamer and slow cooker! Was all fine, and probably healthier too! Just a bit of forward planning needed :D

~Grasshopper~
05-02-2012, 09:02 PM
i dont do hot meals. i serve sandwiches and fruit,

cold sausage rolls, how about a carpet picnic, cup a soup and a sandwich, instant noodles, wraps, salad, crusty bread and cheese.

xx

The Juggler
05-02-2012, 09:46 PM
i agree that anything in a pan is fine or beans on toast. if your hob has gone too, then I'm sure parents will understand if you can only provide cold meals for a while. :thumbsup:

NicoleW
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
The actual oven isn't working so no oven, gril or any hobs.

I'll write a note to the parents and hopefully they should be okay with me just serving cold lunches until my landlord can get it fixed or I can muster something up

The Juggler
06-02-2012, 02:05 PM
The actual oven isn't working so no oven, gril or any hobs.

I'll write a note to the parents and hopefully they should be okay with me just serving cold lunches until my landlord can get it fixed or I can muster something up

could you borrow a microwave for a few days maybe hon. Parents will just have to make do with cold lunches. they don't have a choice really ;)

miffy
06-02-2012, 08:19 PM
You can buy a slow cooker fairly cheaply and everything can be bunged in then nice hot meal a few hours later:thumbsup:

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
06-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I would get a slow cooker - I use mine a lot rather than the oven :thumbsup:

Just had a lovely beef stew and dumplings - one pot cooking:D

blue bear
06-02-2012, 09:09 PM
What about a camp cooker you can puck them up for £10 and would mean you could make a pan meal.

NicoleW
07-02-2012, 07:27 AM
S'alright batman I've borrowed a microwave from my next door neighbour!

Hopefully get my oven fixed soon as I really really dislike microwaves, for health reasons but very thankful I have one lol

miffy
07-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Glad you've managed to sort something out.

Hope it won't be too long before your oven gets fixed

Miffy xx