PDA

View Full Version : outside time in the snow?

chez
05-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I know we are ment to be having the children outside every day which Ive managed since being registered but I just want to check to see what others did in snowy conditions. OH who is also an assistant childminder (but not in my setting) says yes but no more then 15 mins at a time. What do you do?

The Juggler
05-02-2012, 04:54 PM
go out until someone looks cold/starts crying cos they are cold. dont' worry they will let you know when they've had enough :) but I agree with your DH I would limit it to short period. You can always bring some snow inside to play with in a tray :thumbsup:

blue bear
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Apart from school runs we go out whenever the children want to, at home the children go from garden to house freely.
If we go off to the field sledging we come back when the childen have had enough and warm up with hot chocolate.

mushpea
05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
the children here go in and out as they please , if they want to play out in it then they can then they can come in and warm up with some milky hot chocolate:D

sarah707
05-02-2012, 05:47 PM
it is great to make the garden available every day but remember that you do not have to force children outside if they don't want to go! :laughing:

We will only go out for short periods I think and come back in when any of the children look uncomfortable :D

chez
05-02-2012, 05:50 PM
thanks for your replies, currently I can not provide unsupervised play outside due to some of the changes that need to be made first to the garden.

on Monday I have a child who is 2 but really does not like the cold in the past she has got very upset when its just a little cold let alone snow.
Tuesday I have a 6 month old who I clearly dont want to be out in the snow for long at all. Also I have no idea what to do with him in the snow then sit in him the buggy - gosh that makes me sound awful
wed the 2 yr old is back in the setting.