PDA

View Full Version : F I S

jadavi
05-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Do people think of contacting FIS when they need childcare? I don't know why I never get people thru them. Any ideas?
Tbh if i needed childcare help I don't think I would contact FIS would you? It wouldn't occur to me.

marnieb
05-02-2012, 08:07 AM
I get about 1 enquiry every 6 monts from it. TBh i think that most people have heard of Ofsted and would go to them, and I know a lot of members on here have a problem with Ofsted giving our addresses out, but I can see why they want to do it.

Kiddleywinks
05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Do you keep the FIS informed of any changes?
As I understand it, parents that enquire to the FIS give such n such information and are then sent the details of minders that fulfil those requirements
eg
collecting from a particular school, living in a particular area, attend a certain group etc
so, if you start attending a different group to the one/s listed with the FIS, let them know so they can update your details

Playmate
05-02-2012, 09:17 AM
I think it depends on the area and how well it is advertised. Personally we no longer get calls through the FIS, but I know another CM on here who only lives a couple of miles down the road and gets enquiries from them. I think it very much depends on whether CC's etc promote the FIS. What we have to remember is most people go to the internet first for info and if other things come up before FIS this is what they use. :D

Mouse
05-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Recently I tried to find our local FIS details online and it wasn't easy. If you didn't know what you were looking for I doubt you'd ever get to it. Then when I did find it I realised they didnt actually have any cm details online and I would have to phone for info. This was a Friday evening, so I'd have had to wait until Monday morning. I bet a lot of parents are like me and if you're looking for something online you expect to find it there and then! No wonder so many don't bother with FIS.

Playmate
05-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Recently I tried to find our local FIS details online and it wasn't easy. If you didn't know what you were looking for I doubt you'd ever get to it. Then when I did find it I realised they didnt actually have any cm details online and I would have to phone for info. This was a Friday evening, so I'd have had to wait until Monday morning. I bet a lot of parents are like me and if you're looking for something online you expect to find it there and then! No wonder so many don't bother with FIS.

Very true mouse, after posting I went onto google, typed in Childminder and found so many others I didn't get to FIS :laughing: Just found another site i'm not registered with so filled in the details as it is free ;) I find now we get enquiries from all sorts of places it is definately worth having a rod in every pond! We are currently full but you just never know :D