PDA

View Full Version : attendance register

lulubelle
04-02-2012, 06:09 PM
is this something we have to do for ofsted? i cant remember! i am rubbish at getting the parents to sign it each week tho! just seems more paperwork that doesnt really seem that important/helpful!

Chatterbox Childcare
04-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Some say yes so say no

There is no compulsory or legal requirements but it is good practice (1 I don't do though)

blue bear
04-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Ofsted inspector queiried me on it( Its one of her pet must haves) I said as it's not a legal requirement I did not get it signed. Did not affect my grade

Velleity
04-02-2012, 06:54 PM
My Ofsted Inspector asked to see mine.

nic t
04-02-2012, 07:18 PM
It is a legal requirement to log in some form the actual hours that a child is with you each week.

I have known CMs around here that have forgotten on the morning of inspection to log a child in and for that one missing entry have had an action on it.

It is, however, not a legal requirement to get the parents to sign. :)

lulubelle
04-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Cool so as long as i log time in and out but parents haven't signed should be ok then! Thank u!

nic t
04-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Cool so as long as i log time in and out but parents haven't signed should be ok then! Thank u!

Yep, that's all you are actually required to do!

mandy moo
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
I dont have a register,
I do however, have a diary that I write in daily, who Ive got/not got that day and the time they leave.

lulubelle
05-02-2012, 11:03 AM
i wondered about doing that and if that would be enough for mrs o!

yummymummy
06-02-2012, 07:45 AM
I used to have a daily diary where I wrote childrens name and time in and out, I was pulled up on it on my inspection and told I had to have a separate register with child's first and surname on it (I only put child'd first name as no doubles) as it could be required to be a legal document in any dispute and that a diary was not good enough. It was actually put on my report as an action too :(

miffy
06-02-2012, 07:49 AM
You have to keep a record of the exact times children are with you every day (this is a legal requirement and so inspector will ask to see it) - how you do that is up to you and you don't have to get parents to sign the record.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
06-02-2012, 08:38 AM
is this something we have to do for ofsted? i cant remember! i am rubbish at getting the parents to sign it each week tho! just seems more paperwork that doesnt really seem that important/helpful!

I have always got my parents to sign mine and none have ever minded. I was so glad when a complaint was made against me recently and a parent accused me of not informing them of something.

The fact they had signed the register proved that they had been informed and the complaint was not up held. It is the only time in 17years I have sued or needed it in that way but I was so glad I had that record.

I now see it as a way of showing how you are working with and keeping parents informed. :thumbsup:

ziggy
06-02-2012, 09:33 AM
How do we prove to tax man how many hours we have worked if we dont have register?? or dont we need to prove it?

JCrakers
06-02-2012, 10:01 AM
My homemade register includes...
w/c, name of child, time in, time out, my signature

Dont know why I sign each child but its something I have been doing since I started so got into habit. Parents have never signed.