PDA

View Full Version : Snowing

childminder54
04-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Its snowing in the midlands.I hate the snow dont like going out in the car for school runs. too far to walk.

nell57
04-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Yep snow too, but I'm hoping its gone Monday:panic::laughing:

RachelE
04-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Its about to really come down here! :(

Its one of my gorgeous mindees parties 3:30pm-5:30pm and its about 5 miles away! :panic:

Luckily I have a Landrover, so am crossing fingers that all will be ok. I hope it doesnt start until afet the party otherwise people might not bother going.

I really dont like snow - its the after effects of us trying to get pushchairs across frozen snow!

Rachel x

mama2three
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
I was hoping it would hold off til half term so we could enjoy it rather than struggling with school runs. Not bad here just now , contemplating going food shopping but worried it may come down fast once we are out!

funemnx
04-02-2012, 05:45 PM
No snow here in Cambridgeshire yet but it's very cold brrrr!

Tink
04-02-2012, 05:45 PM
It's covered here, wasn't due till 6pm and started just after 2pm, local shop has no bread or milk, glad I did my food shop yesterday and it's coming down thick and fast, snowman to follow tomorrow!

miffy
04-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Snowing here too and windy so keeps blowing about.

I've shut the curtains now so won't look again until the morning!

Miffy xx

ajs
04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm gutted as I've had to change my dinner plans now. I was s looking forward to meeting up with a friend too, but not worth the risk of driving in it just for dinner and a gossip. Hang on maybe it is

Trouble
04-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm gutted as I've had to change my dinner plans now. I was s looking forward to meeting up with a friend too, but not worth the risk of driving in it just for dinner and a gossip. Hang on maybe it is

go and have fun

just take a flask, blanket, phone, shovel :D

Playmate
04-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Its just started here and I'm very glad hubby has just got safely home from Ipswich. We have a bad weather policy that states we will not do school runs in the snow, so if its still here on Monday I will work with the mindees that get to me, because I won't be going anywhere :D

Chatterbox Childcare
04-02-2012, 06:24 PM
We are out tonight but are going to walk. Hope the wind stays away as it is a 25mins walk each way normally

Penny1959
04-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Been snowing here now for about 4 hours - settling well

Now I have to make a decission - one mindee here - I am supposed to be taking her home (only about 2 miles) in about 1 hour to put to bed and then babysit until 9:45 whern mum is due home.

I am worried that I won't get to mindees house and will be stuck in the cold with a 2 year old
or

I will get there but mum won't get home (she has a 25 mile ish journey)

or mum gets home but then I can't get home.

what to do

DH says - don't bother trying - let mindee sleep here (not registered for over night care - but guess she can stay here if I don't change and because its an emergency)

Oh flip - don't know what to do for best

Penny :)

Trouble
04-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Been snowing here now for about 4 hours - settling well

Now I have to make a decission - one mindee here - I am supposed to be taking her home (only about 2 miles) in about 1 hour to put to bed and then babysit until 9:45 whern mum is due home.

I am worried that I won't get to mindees house and will be stuck in the cold with a 2 year old
or

I will get there but mum won't get home (she has a 25 mile ish journey)

or mum gets home but then I can't get home.

what to do

DH says - don't bother trying - let mindee sleep here (not registered for over night care - but guess she can stay here if I don't change and because its an emergency)

Oh flip - don't know what to do for best

i would ask mum to pick her up on way back

kellib
04-02-2012, 06:35 PM
No snow up here in Edinburgh :thumbsup:

sharonmanc
04-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Snow here Manchester/Oldham - half expecting a text from the school monday morning to say they are closed as the boiler always breaks down

Penny1959
04-02-2012, 06:40 PM
i would ask mum to pick her up on way back

Going to text her - to say just that - hope she picks up message as a nurse and phone off during shift.

Carol M
04-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Stay put Penny. Dh just picked Lucy up from work and loads of cars stuck or skidding on the ring road!
I don't do driving in the snow, just got back from tesco before it really started to stick.
Carol x

Penny1959
04-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Stay put Penny. Dh just picked Lucy up from work and loads of cars stuck or skidding on the ring road!
I don't do driving in the snow, just got back from tesco before it really started to stick.
Carol x

Thanks for traffic update Carol - have sent text to mum - and if hear from her or not - I am staying put.

blue bear
04-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Don't go out penny, not worth the risk, light covering here so far but still coming down.

rickysmiths
04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Light covering here now but it has stopped snowing :thumbsup:

zillervalley
04-02-2012, 07:09 PM
very light covering hear in the north east

its raining a bit now so hope it sosent turn to snow later

ziller

nic t
04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
I think it's due to hit us down Sarf in about an hour and a half.

5-10cm they are predicting.

That's going to be fun pushing a triple buggy in the snow! Hate it even more when it turns to ice, so dangerous.

Penny1959
04-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Further to my post about if should venture out with mindee to take her home.

Mum has got back to me - mindee is stopping overnight here as not worth risk for me to take her home and babysit until mum gets back. Mum knows she will have a slow and difficult journey home and so decided best if mindee stays over here.

Not charging mum for overnight or morning - as not her fault - and really it was me saying I would not go out in this - not her asking me have mindee.

Anyway mindee used to me putting her to bed ( at her house) so a bit of discussion about why blue PJ (I have grandsons of her age and keep spares here) mindee wanted her Peppa Pig ones but in end decided tractor PJ's were ok. She snuggled up in bed with Gruffalo's child teddy and her nap time blanket on top of duvet - and was asleep within 5 mins!

Hope she sleeps through night.

caz3007
04-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Penny, sounds like you have done the right and safest thing. Hope she sleeps all night.

No snow here, but apparently 6 miles along the coast, it was snowing quite a bit according to some FB friends :laughing:

Carol M
04-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Tradgedy in our house
NO SKY SATELLITE SIGNAL BEING RECEIVED( coz of the snow)
Dh and dd's in melt down, me, I've got the Forum :clapping:
Carol xx

mushpea
04-02-2012, 08:50 PM
no snow here in essex as yet but my mum is at heathrow and theres some there and think my grandad has some up in norfolk cause he panicking about them flying out on hols!

Penny you did the right thing and good on you for keeping littleun safe. I certainly wont be driving if it snows and luckily the only school run I do is in the afternoon without a buggy or small children in tow but I have been know to lug buggys through snow and from experiance its much easier to pull a buggy through the snow then to try and push it!

LOOPYLISA
04-02-2012, 09:28 PM
We had 'bits' flying round in west sussex on the coast :rolleyes:

Raining now :angry:

flowerpots
04-02-2012, 09:54 PM
pretty thick here, got about 5inches. Making a big snowman tomorrow with dd and ds. :clapping:

betty boop
04-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Started snowing here in Sheffield about 2.30pm and still going. I like snow but only when Idont have to go any where.

Sunflowers
04-02-2012, 10:24 PM
kicked off here at 5pm ish... we;d gone into tesco's as the 1st few flakes fell.
by the state of the shop you'd think the apocolypse was coming!
by the time we got out... ohhh the floors gone white!

DS spent the whole drive home going "oooowwww woowwwweeeee wooow" lol dont think he remembers last years snow! cant wait for tomorrow!

Monday will be interesting to see if school mindee arrives in normal school shoes and thin coat again :mad:

rickysmiths
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Tradgedy in our house
NO SKY SATELLITE SIGNAL BEING RECEIVED( coz of the snow)
Dh and dd's in melt down, me, I've got the Forum :clapping:
Carol xx

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

rickysmiths
04-02-2012, 11:09 PM
It started snowing about 6 her and we have about an inch and it is still falling. Very fine wet snow unlike last year when it was dry and big flakes. In the same time last year we had a foot of snow!

Ripeberry
04-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Snowed most of the day now 5c and all melting...don't know what all the fuss it about?:rolleyes:

gegele
05-02-2012, 12:36 AM
:thumbsup:love snow... nothing when kids went to bed, and now at least 2inches and falling fast....can't wait for their faces... so glad it's sunday tomorrow and can share with just my 2!!

i'vestarted praying for at least afoot before monday so no school :-)