PDA

View Full Version : Parent interview

Polly2
04-02-2012, 12:49 PM
I had the worst parent interview ever last week!

It wasn't them or their kids - it was ME!! and my sieve brain :laughing: They came when I was working, which is never the best for me as I am always distracted.

I sat on floor playing with kids and they asked me a few questions, but I forgot to show any of my paperwork, I didn't show them round the rest of the house, didnt introduce them to the dogs, I didn't go through the contract, or ask any questions about their child..basically I was absolutely pants :D

Well they decided to take the space on the spot and mum came round the next day to sign contracts...at which time I showed her round house etc etc!!

I apologised for being so rubbish and she said - my website was amazing, the atmosphere was lovely, she could see the kids all loved me and she had had 3 unrelated recommendations for me :clapping::clapping:

I was so pleased!

Just wanted to post this to hopefully make some feel better if they have had a bad interview. Sometimes its the things we do and not what we say that makes all the difference!!

samb
04-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Ah well done - worked out in the end for you. just goes to show how important recommendations and first impressions are. :thumbsup:

The Juggler
04-02-2012, 12:59 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping: see its the important things that count. at teh end of the day if parents want a show round, they will usually ask and some parents - well lets just say I think the paperwork can scare some of them.

Well done you:clapping::clapping:

Playmate
04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
That is lovely. I've had interviews like that where it just all goes out the window, but sometimes maybe they are the best :D Well done :clapping:

Joda
04-02-2012, 01:07 PM
I imagine they were happy to see you sitting on the floor playing with the children! That speaks volumes in my opinion.
When parents come for a first meeting, I never get any paperwork out apart from giving them my info pack about myself, my charges etc. They usually take it away to look at in their own time and will contact me again if they want to take up the childcare space. It will be then that I give them all the paperwork required.

I have a new baby starting soon - when mum came round a few weeks ago, we just sat on the floor chatting with the children - very informal. She made up her mind there and then although I told her to go away and think about it and talk it over with her dh, but she said she didn't need to as she would be very happy with me looking after her son.

Mum obviously liked what she saw at your setting - well done!

sarah707
04-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I forget what I'm doing sometimes I get so busy playing with the children...

It sounds like this one was meant to be for you! :D

Polly2
05-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks everyone! Can't wait till he starts in April :clapping: