PDA

View Full Version : NEC Courses Distance Learning

newbie30
23-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi there,

Just after some help really. I am hoping to begin childminding soon, off to my briefing meeting in the near future :) But have been looking at child related courses. I've found the CCLD levels 2 & 3 on the NEC website and just wanted to know if anyone has done a course through them and what it's like?

I'm also looking at my local college and the tutor is yet to get back to me and I've also had a look at the OU too, so just having a look at my options really.

Thanks

Wendy

sarah707
23-05-2008, 11:28 AM
I've done my NVQ3 distance learning with a local provider and she came and visited to do the evidence etc. I enjoyed working in my own time through the NVQ ... friends have taken the college route because they prefer meeting other people and having tutor groups to discuss answers etc.

I am now doing level 4 with OU and that has tutorials - 2 per essay - but I've not been able to get to many because of childcare issues. According to OU everything you need to read comes with the course, so you don't have to source other books except if you want to... it's a good option if you are able to get on by yourself.

Your local development officer should be able to point you in the right direction :D

angeldelight
23-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Good luck Wendy

Angel xx

manjay
23-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Not sure whereabouts in North wales you are Wendy but my local CIS and dev officer just tried to persuade me to do DHC which I didn't want. I rang one of the colleges near to me and they pointed me in the right direction for funding. I started mine couple of weeks ago. Mine is completely home based with the assessor observing me for most of the units.

Let me know if you have anymore questions

amanda xx

hannahsstar
23-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi , I did my DHC with NEC distance learning. I found it really great. My tutor was always easy to get hold of if I needed her and very helpful. There was no pressure to get to a certain place at a certain time and could fit it in with minding and homelife quite easy.

I enjoyed doing it thru them and would do another course with them

Jae

cloud9
24-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I've done my NVQ3 distance learning with a local provider and she came and visited to do the evidence etc. I enjoyed working in my own time through the NVQ ... friends have taken the college route because they prefer meeting other people and having tutor groups to discuss answers etc.

I am now doing level 4 with OU and that has tutorials - 2 per essay - but I've not been able to get to many because of childcare issues. According to OU everything you need to read comes with the course, so you don't have to source other books except if you want to... it's a good option if you are able to get on by yourself.

Your local development officer should be able to point you in the right direction :D

Where do i find details of the NVQ 4 i couldn't find any on there website? thanks

bakingmama
25-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Hi there,

Just after some help really. I am hoping to begin childminding soon, off to my briefing meeting in the near future :) But have been looking at child related courses. I've found the CCLD levels 2 & 3 on the NEC website and just wanted to know if anyone has done a course through them and what it's like?

I'm also looking at my local college and the tutor is yet to get back to me and I've also had a look at the OU too, so just having a look at my options really.

Thanks

Wendy

I am doing DHC level 3 with the NEC it's great to do the course in your own time, but sometimes it's hard to get yourself started and motivated.:idea:

My tutor can be very criticall and I do feel sometimes that she overlooks what I am writting and tells me what I should have done in certain situations in my setting, which annoyes me as she doesn't get the full picture of the situation so I feel she shouldn't comment on how I run my business.

But I would do another course at home with them as I hate doing courses in the evening.

Anne:)

miffy
25-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Just wanted to wish you luck

Whichever route you decide to take to do your NVQ there are quite a few people on the forum either doing it atm or who have just finished it so you will gets lots of support here if you need it

miffy xx

venus89
03-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Am I right in thinking they're charging £200 per untit for the diploma in home based childcare? And there are 4 units......

bakingmama
03-06-2008, 03:01 PM
I paid £770.00 for mine but I got a discount and funding so all I had to pay was the £70.00. There are five units including the ICP, but obviously if you have done that you just give them your cache pin number to prove that you have done it.

Anne

Mollymop
06-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I have just recieved my application form for funding for the DHC. I am going to be doing it through the NEC distance learning college and they are charging £200 per unit. My local authority will fund me £185 per unit, so I only have to pay £15 per unit of my own cash, works out £60 in total. SO i am quite glad about that.