PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old keeps soiling himself!

Liverbird
03-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I look after a reception age child after school one day a week and recently he has started soiling himself. He never had this problem before. When I approached his legal guardian she said I know he's doing it at home as well and apparently he's also doing it in school. I know that he has recently been upset but I'm now getting complaints from other parents. How should I handle this?

betty boop
03-02-2012, 11:52 PM
I look after a reception age child after school one day a week and recently he has started soiling himself. He never had this problem before. When I approached his legal guardian she said I know he's doing it at home as well and apparently he's also doing it in school. I know that he has recently been upset but I'm now getting complaints from other parents. How should I handle this?

I had a child like this I would advise his guardian to visit the doctors as it can be a sign of constipation.

Trouble
04-02-2012, 08:56 AM
maybe he has water infection :idea:

llkbabob
04-02-2012, 09:48 AM
has parent talked to school to see it something has happen? is he just really tired? my ds tends to have accidents near the end of term, i've put it down to really tired because come the holidays hes fine again

Splodge
04-02-2012, 01:37 PM
My son was just the same in reception. We took him to the doctors and it was severe constipation. The doctor treated it and it took a while as his bowel needed to be retrained but it eventually settled and he had no further problems.

mama2three
04-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Why are the other parents aware / complaining?
Ive been through similar with my son , at 5 he was able to get clean and changed without anyone really being aware too much , I made sure he had plenty of fresh clothes etc on the bathroom shelf and was around if he needed a bit of help.
Poor mindee , its bad enough without being a talking point amongst other parents too. If in fact it isnt constipation but a behavioural issue this can only make things worse.

funemnx
04-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I also have a mindee in reception class who has found the transistion difficult. We (mum and me) have not made a big deal of it and made sure he has wipes and a change of clothes in his bag. It has got better but he seems to try and hold until home time and sometimes has a little bit in his pants when he gets to mine so just gets cleaned up and changed. Hopefully, things will get better for your lo too :thumbsup:

Liverbird
21-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Other parents are aware of it and complaining as their children have commented. He refuses to clean himself up and doesn't really want me doing it either. It is a behavioural problem as it only started at Christmas when he had a visit from his mum. Hopefully things will settle down again, but in the meantime I just need to try to keep him clean and reassured that he is safe here. Any ideas etc would be happily received.

wendywu
21-02-2012, 01:06 PM
If he refuses to clean himself up then im afraid he will have to let you do it.

It is not fair on himself or the others to let him sit in soiled underwear.

What do the school do when it happens there.

JCrakers
21-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Poor chap.. I think a lot of people forget how young these school children are. They are placed into school and supposed to be grown up and most of them are still babies.

If its bought on by seeing mum, Im guessing he's fostered or similar?
Just keep him clean and explain to him that you need to do it.If he wont do it himself then an adult has to do it for him.
Im thinking school don't wash him down do they...what do they do when he soils himself, send him home?
It cant be a nice job for you but hopefully it will pass soon

Maybe its an anxiety thing...worry can bring on stomach ache and loose stools?