PDA

View Full Version : funding for unfilled spaces when accredited?

cloud9
03-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard of this? I'm sure that i was told a while ago that if you are network accredited and have unfilled vacancies fro a certain period you can access funding for a limited amount of time to ensure the buisness is sustainable?

Mouse
03-02-2012, 02:11 PM
I haven't heard of it for accredited childminders and know of several in our area who have had vacancies, but not received anything.

Our local council did used to fund a sustainablity grant for any childminder who was struggling to fill their spaces, but that was scrapped years ago.

Have you tried contacting your local early years team?

cloud9
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
My advisor is coming out in a couple of weeks so i thought i would ask her then, but i thought i'd check on here. its sooooo quiet!!

Pipsqueak
03-02-2012, 04:17 PM
As Mouse says there is something called a sustainability grant and I only know of 1 childminder in recent years (10 years that I have been minding) who has been awarded it.

Many LA's don't have the funds to do this anymore.

loocyloo
03-02-2012, 08:58 PM
my LA have a 'sparsity fund' that they can pay to childminders/preschools etc to enable them to stay open and be able to offer funded sessions if numbers are low. there are strict criteria (about being the only setting available for parents in X miles etc )and only limited funds.