PDA

View Full Version : Red books

chez
02-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Do anyone else ask to see the childrens red health visitor books?

Ive started on the previous few children and find its really helped me build a picture of the childrens life so far. Things that often parents forget to mention to us.

For instance Ive had a child whos mum is diabetic and has had several tests at 1 day old for it, as the tests came back as clear mum didnt see the need to mention it to me but when I saw it and spoke to mum she mentioned that its something we always need to keep an eye out for and keep at the back of our minds as she gets bigger.

I'm wondering if anyone else asks to see the childrens red book ? and if so do you photocopy any relevant notes? Ive not photocopied them so far but feel that I would like to start that.

singingcactus
02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
If I have a little one, then I will ask if it is okay for me to have a quick look. No way would I be photocopying pages though. I tend to take the little ones for weigh in, so I need to take it with me. I would also need it if I was taking a child for an injection. I don't routinely ask to see it though.

rickysmiths
02-02-2012, 10:41 PM
No I have never had one brought to my setting and nor would I ask. If I take the child for a weigh in i write the weight on apiece of paper and give it to the parent and make a note in my diary in case it is lost.

I would never take a child for their injections, there are some things the parents have to do for their own children and that is one of them.

The Red Book in none of my business never mind my business to copy any of it.