PDA

View Full Version : advice needed please

sandy64
02-02-2012, 06:14 PM
my assistant is been tested today for glandular fever, shes not been to good since xmas but like we do we keep going well shes been off this wk ive managed as ive had 2 off sick, but if test results come back positive tommorrow im going to struggle as 3 days we have 5 under 5s, will have to ring ofsted i no a variation for 4 would hopefully granted but 5 help? and if i have to give notice how do i choose? also ive the notice period:panic:yes im stressed i feel for her as she is really ill but my parents all need me any advice please

miffy
02-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd approach Ofsted and I would hope they would be sympathetic in the circumstances and grant you a variation for 5 under 5.

Good luck and hope your assistant makes a speedy recovery

Miffy xx

Zumba-mum
02-02-2012, 08:05 PM
I have heard of cm have a variation for 5 under 5. Hope things get sorted for you. Sorry not much help.

karensmart4
02-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I hope she feels better soon, I've suffered from the same thing and I hate to tell you this but I was bedridden for 6 weeks and really weak for months.

I hope you get something sorted and I hope your assistant does feel better quickly :)

sarah707
02-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Do you know anyone who could step in to help you for a few weeks?

Hugs to your assistant I hope she is feeling better soon xx

VeggieSausage
02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Just what I was thinking, is there anyone who could step in temporarily and help you out? let us know what happens...

sandy64
03-02-2012, 06:45 AM
thanks for your replys ive had a bad night worrying how to manage going to see what results are this morn then ring ofsted see what they say my dh is my assistant but only as emergency if shes late or ill for day or so as hes driving instructor but if it means keeping the lo so my assistant still has a job i would need him to juggle driving the 3 days i have 5 as it would be 8-9 11.45-2.30 then hopefully ofsted would grant me a variation for 4?????
il let you no later today what happens and thanks for kind words il pass them onto my assistant she really is poorly:)

sandy64
03-02-2012, 05:09 PM
my assistant is been tested today for glandular fever, shes not been to good since xmas but like we do we keep going well shes been off this wk ive managed as ive had 2 off sick, but if test results come back positive tommorrow im going to struggle as 3 days we have 5 under 5s, will have to ring ofsted i no a variation for 4 would hopefully granted but 5 help? and if i have to give notice how do i choose? also ive the notice period:panic:yes im stressed i feel for her as she is really ill but my parents all need me any advice please

hi well she hasnt got glandular fever doctor has said its a virus and needs complete rest, so have rang ofsted and been granted for 2weeks only 5 under 5 they have also added i can have 4 under 5 permanetly till one leaves or is at school so after shaking nervously on phone glad i did but still hope shes better and back with me soon thanks for advice:)

Goatgirl
03-02-2012, 05:21 PM
oh good, glad you're sorted :thumbsup:. Good to hear your assistant is not suffering from glandular fever too: my sister couldn't work for almost 6 months she was so bad with it.

Good luck with all the little ones, now you'll have to make sure you take extra care of yourself: its going to be a tiring few weeks!!

best wishes,
Wendy :)