PDA

View Full Version : Childrens computer

chez
02-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Id like to get a childrens computer for them to play with. Ive had a look at a few but not impressed with how clear the screen is. They seem to mostly have very small black and white screens that are only just readable.

I would also prefer it not to be character themed i.e. rory the racing car.

Its for my older 2s but mostly my 3-5s to play with

Does anyone have any recomendations?

kindredspirits
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM
do you mean like a toy laptop??
my DS has the vtech advance which is for 4+ which is good. none of them have proper screens as far as i know.
have you considered an old 2nd hand laptop?? then you could load in real games/internet etc

kel1983
02-02-2012, 05:11 PM
We have an old laptop that the children can use. Have plugged in a bog standard mouse so that they dont have to use the touch pad

chez
02-02-2012, 05:48 PM
We have a couple of old laptops but they need fixing which is currently looking at aprox £100 a laptop according to pc world. Therefore looking for other ideas as the pocket doesn't quite stretch that far

kindredspirits
02-02-2012, 10:49 PM
whats wrong with your laptops?? i'm a bit of a computer wizz i may be able to help!!!:D

chez
03-02-2012, 07:45 AM
for at least one of them its the bit the powerlead goes into, its broken a few times when it was under a repair plan but its now gone again and PC world say that means it needs a new mother board :S

kel1983
03-02-2012, 07:59 AM
dont listen to the people at pc world they like to make as much money out of you as possible. they say its gonna cost a fortune so you decide to just buy a new one for more money.

samb
03-02-2012, 11:16 AM
I have an old computer that I wiped and plugged into my TV and bought a children's keyboard. I put the kids table in front of the TV and put the keyboard and mouse on it and they use that - nice big screen, no extra screen to find space for etc. :thumbsup:

appleblossom
03-02-2012, 02:44 PM
If you can, whatever computer you use, consider getting a small mouse. I find children learn mouse control much better with a small mouse.