PDA

View Full Version : web site

jumping j
02-02-2012, 01:56 PM
I would like to have a go at making my own website, I know I can get someone to do it for me but I fancy having a go my self!!!
Does anyone have any advice on a website to use to get started, or one you've used, there seems to be a lot out there doing pretty much the same thing and I don't want to register with all of them just to find the best one or the worst!!!

Playmate
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
There have been quite a few threads on building your own website, so it might be worth doing a search. However this might bump you up if others have ideas they want to share. :D

erinlouise
02-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi, I have done a blog as I found this easier to set up. The blog is through my google mail account.

<note by admin: please remember that if you wish to add links to your website/blog etc. it must have a back link, please see forum rules for full details, thanks>

Caterpillar
06-02-2012, 04:35 PM
My husband made this website for me...

www.littlecaterpillar.co.uk

(the back link to forum is on the 'information' page)

JCrakers
06-02-2012, 05:01 PM

Love your website!!!!! :D

Polly2
06-02-2012, 06:31 PM

Just wanted to say - your website is amazing! very inspiring :clapping:

TooEarlyForGin?
06-02-2012, 07:29 PM

Well done a wonderful website :clapping:

Annelize
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi,
I did mine with weebly.com all by myself :-)
http://bubbleandsqueakchildminding.weebly.com/
It does have the weebly bit but that makes it free, you can pay to not have the weebly bit x

jumping j
07-02-2012, 06:34 PM
wow they both look great, I've had a go at starting but by no means finished yet!!!
www.jumpingjacqui.co.uk

Bluebell
07-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Love those websites - they're looking really good! Your hubby must be a clever chap Caterpillar!
I also used a free website as could use a template and insert my own photos and wording. It has got me a lot of enquiries. I've had a bit of a change around recently - adding my policies which I wasn't too sure about. I thought it would be easier for my parents to access but still seems a lot to put on but I can always take it off again if I change my mind!
I'm really impressed with it and have recommended it loads! Its wix.com and its so easy to use. you upload photos like you would facebook and just click and drag and crop like you would in photo editing. You can always have a go on the free ones and see which you get on with.You wouldn't have to publish if you didn't get on with it. Start off basic and add to it. I keep adding to mine and may have got carried away!!!

www.bluelionchildcare.co.uk