PDA

View Full Version : Milk Allowance

lorettacritchet
01-02-2012, 09:06 PM
lol, i am laughing to myself as I have so many threads on the go and none quite finished!
I never applied for milk allowance before as always had the older school age children but in Jan 2012 got two new babies in my care. Both sets of parents provide me with milk powder so bottles are ready so can i still apply for milk allowance or is this to feed the baby with?
Not sure about this whole milk allowance thing, got feeling even more confused than everything else :(

Winnie
01-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Day care providers who have been approved to supply milk under the scheme can be reimbursed the cost of the milk they supply ie you buy it and get the money back :)

http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/

or there are commercial companies who will supply the milk to you

lorettacritchet
01-02-2012, 09:31 PM
So technically would i be naughty to still ask parents to provide their own powdered milk and still put a claim in?

Day care providers who have been approved to supply milk under the scheme can be reimbursed the cost of the milk they supply ie you buy it and get the money back :)

http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/

or there are commercial companies who will supply the milk to you .

Pauline
01-02-2012, 09:43 PM
So technically would i be naughty to still ask parents to provide their own powdered milk and still put a claim in?

Yes it would and if you were found out you could be in serious trouble, not worth it for a few pints of milk is it?

lorettacritchet
01-02-2012, 09:47 PM
No it's really not worth it. I will stick to how i am now. thx

jane5
01-02-2012, 09:47 PM

You could claim for milk and keep it as spare just in case parents forget to bring the milk or in case you drop a bottle.

Who would know any way and you are entitled to claim for a third of a pint for each child that attends a session ;)

Chatterbox Childcare
02-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Register anyway and then you are all sorted if you start with another child or these babies drop formula and go on to milk

It is easy to do online and then when you claim you can back date 3 years in one go but they will only pay from the registration date

DinkyDigits
02-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know the web address to apply
Thanks anna x

Pauline
02-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Just scroll up it is in several of the posts :thumbsup:

DinkyDigits
02-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks I must have been half asleep lol