PDA

View Full Version : Helping out at cubs has got me a full timer for Sept. WOW.

mr man
01-02-2012, 07:57 PM
it really does go to show that we are always being watched ( in a nice way). once people know you a minder, lots more people say Hi and i have to say I am feeling very positive with it all still.
wish id done it years ago.

im not full, and choose not too, but two of my p/t mindees go to school in sept and not one that i can pick up at.
i wasnt really concentrating on filling the spaces again, because i do have enough with my schoolies and the one lo 3 days a week.

anyway - i help out at cubs regualry and had a call from the daughter of our leader and she said her mum recommended me, and that she would love me to look after her grandaughter.

not that i was worrying about sept time, but now its sorted for me. and all through jsut helping out and being me. :)

jsut thought id share, because those trying to get any mindees or fill spaces, think about local clubs - its ideal place to advertise yourself. it worked for me and i didnt even realise. :clapping:

Baildon bears
01-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Well done you :) it just shows there is no better advertisement than your self, I'm really proud of what I do in my job and tell everyone I'm a Childminder, I think my enthusiasm for my work comes across and I have always been as full as I want to be.

Jules12Wed
01-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Nearly all of mine have come through people i've met at parent and toddler groups.

One I took on last September was at a nursery and she told my childminding friend that she would never have dreamt of using a childminder until she met me and my friend.

miffy
01-02-2012, 10:05 PM
That's great news - well done!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
01-02-2012, 10:23 PM
that's brilliant! well :clapping::clapping:

Demonjill
01-02-2012, 11:02 PM
well done thats fab:thumbsup:

sharonmanc
02-02-2012, 08:19 AM
:clapping::clapping: Fantastic

mr man
02-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Well done you :) it just shows there is no better advertisement than your self, I'm really proud of what I do in my job and tell everyone I'm a Childminder, I think my enthusiasm for my work comes across and I have always been as full as I want to be.

you are spot on there, people have tried to tell me their opinions of other CMs here but ive ssaid 'id rather not know thanks' although i do have anidea anyway.
it really does show that your best advertisiment comes from how you are with others all the time not just when working.

i an also enthusatic about my job, its the best ever. I had a text of a parent (jsut out the blue) saying a big thank you for helping her and she has noticed her girls have become so much more confident because they have a great relationship with me.