PDA

View Full Version : its like busses!!

Sunflowers
01-02-2012, 07:40 PM
for the last 4 months I've been wondering if CMing was actually going to ever pay a decent wage, I've had 1 2 yo 1 day a week and a 6yo for an hour and a bit before and after school.
These last 2 weeks I've had serious "should I just get a job" thoughts...

then this week I've got a 3 yo starting 1 day a week before and after pre school, a mum with a 2yo, 4yo and 6yo wanting 3-4 days for the 2yo same for 4yo until easter and school holdays for all 3, og and a school mum wanting before and after for her boys aged 5 and 9 of and a mum with a 1 yo desperatly after a job

Now scratching my head if I can actually fit them all in! :clapping: nice way to be at last just hope they all come through :)

So to anyone just starting out thinking the same thoughts of wil it ever... yes it probably will!

loocyloo
01-02-2012, 07:57 PM
well done :clapping:

i was the same when i moved, had even spent an evening looking at possible jobs and decided i fancied a change of career into catering! ( LOL not that much of a change ;) ) then the next few days, the phone kept ringing.

xxx

Adiamond
01-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Yep, I am busier than I have ever been :clapping: I have employed an assistant 3 days a week and we have 5 los on those days :clapping: and the phone keeps ringing :clapping:

It is fantastic I really hope it is the same everywhere :thumbsup: xx

miffy
01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Well done! Hope you can fit them all in :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

pinky33
01-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Yep we have had 12 enquiries in 3 weeks and filled all the spare slots that we had. We could have easily replaced all 6 of our daily spaces had we wanted to (tempting with a couple lol).

We have now decided to run a waiting list.
Hope it picks up for everyone x

Demonjill
01-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Well done thats fab:thumbsup:

Hope you can sort them all out!

Im going to be busy busy too all of a sudden :D

littleguy1
02-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Yep! This job is so up and down! I've only been doing it 7 months and I've had comings and goings all over the place! Unless I end up with children that are set to stay put, I'll seriously think about getting a job when lo goes to school!

TooEarlyForGin?
02-02-2012, 12:52 PM
It's odd isn't it. I have got very quiet for the first time in 8 years. I just started to consider advertising when 2 of the parents increased by a extra day, which has just made it "nice". I don't think I want to be really full again for a while :)

JCrakers
02-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Excellent :D

I went from Nov10-Aug11 without 1 single phonecall. I had 1 leave for school and was left with just a 2.5yr old 4 days a week plus my schoolies.

Since Sept Ive had 5 new children (had to start working fridays though, which is not too bad)
And Ive had 3 more phonecalls over the last week..so strange how its so up and down