PDA

View Full Version : Arghh, what to do?? Dilema.

Tippy Toes
01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I had parent visiting yesterday with a little one with view to starting in April 2 days a week (the last 2 spaces I have free)

Parent seemed very interested as I'm very convenient to her work. She said she would get in touch asap.

Then an hour ago a get a call from someone asking for 2 morning a week starting asap...

What do I do? I told the caller this morning that I have no spaces free (well i told her I have 2 days available until April when the other little one would be starting.) but I haven't even had it confirmed from the first parent that she wants the space? Does this make sense? :blush:

What shall I do? Its too early to ask parent from yesterday does she want the space?

The ironic thing is Ive had these 2 days available with 1 space for I dont know how long! Months & months!

Anyway, what would you do?

Cheers for any help xx

Happy Bunny
01-02-2012, 01:34 PM
To be honest I would phone the first parent up and briefly explain that you have had another call and does she need childcare as if not you will offer the space to the other person.
There's no guarantee that she wants the space as she hasn't signed a contract with you and potentially you could be losing business.

~Grasshopper~
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM
i would see the new parent and let the first person to sign contracts have the space, you cant turn parent 2 down incase parent 1 doesnt even want the space.

if they both want you then choose the one you feel would fit in best with you.

xx

JCrakers
01-02-2012, 01:49 PM
After always going with my heart and not wanting to upset anyone in the past I have now learnt to put my business head on and go with whoever signs the contract first. :blush:

The other parent may not even get back to you or change her mind between now and then so Id see the new family and see how it goes from there

wendywu
01-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes first come first served :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
If I liked both of them equally after interview it would be the first one to sign on the dotted line.

I always warn parents that I get regular inquiries and if they want a space to get back to me quickly. So it is tough if they don't and someone else does.

You know what they say:

'He who hesitates'!

NicoleW
01-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Same I'd contact both parents to let them know that there is another wanting the space and unfortunately you have to go with the person who will sign the contract first.

blue bear
01-02-2012, 06:22 PM
I had this a couple if years ago, I made appointment for second patent visit but told them about first parent, them immediately rang first parent and explained I had visit lined up. First to say yes would get the place.

miffy
01-02-2012, 06:24 PM
I'd definitely contact the parent who came yesterday and see what she says.

I wouldn't be too quick to opt for the first person to sign on the dotted line unless they both wanted the same days/hours - in this case you're talking about one parent who wants two days against the other who wants two mornings, I know which I'd rather have.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Tippy Toes
01-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks to everyone for their replies.

I think I will email the first set of parents tomorrow and see what they say.