PDA

View Full Version : help first parents coming..

lucyD
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I reg a few weeks ago & have a lady coming to see me who has two children that would be PERFECT!!!

I REALLY want her to come to me, SO... what do I need to have ready for her? Do I give her my welcome back at first meeting or wait until later? What do you guys do? So excited but nervous too

Please help, she is coming tomorrow am AAAAAHHH

xx

sharonmanc
01-02-2012, 10:19 AM
no help really as I am not at this stage yet, but I am saving my welcome pack until parents sign contracts, I have a leaflet I have made with important info on, like fee's opening times, menus, play where we visit etc, so they can take it away withthem to help them decide, My welcome pack has some of my policies etc in and plus it is a lot of printing so dont want to give this out until i know parents are going to sign with me.

picklepick
01-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm planning on having a copy of all my policies and info in a folder so prospective parents can flick through it while they're at my house.
Then only when they sign do they get a copy etc

The leaflet to take home is a good idea, with a summary of important bits, fees, times etc

Sunflowers
01-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I have a welcome pack for prospective parent and this is whats in it...

A welcome and introduction to me and my family (inc the cats!)
so who i am, a brief life history
my aims as a childminder
my qualifications, inc those still being studied for

A Day in the Life...
a sample of what goes on here in a typical day
includes details of some of the groups I attend regularly

A Sample menu

my opening hours and fee's

I find it gives a good overview of what my service offers, give parents a good bit of info would overwhealming them.

I provide it in a folder that a copy of my P&P's can then also be placed into.

I always greet the child/ren 1st then the parents and offer everyone a drink.
and before we get into the nitty gritty I ask the child/ren what they would like to do while i chat to mummy/ daddy. Most ask to play and they get offered a couple toy boxes some have asked to colour from seeing the pictures adorning my walls so have activities prepared for the kids. Parents do appreciate their kids being entertained so you can chat with relative ease.

Hope thats some help, more experianced minders may do it differently but thats not failed for me yet :)