PDA

View Full Version : home childcarer?

Helen79
31-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I've just been having a look on the ofsted inspection website and there seems to be a lot of home childcarers in my area but not so many childminders?
Whats a home childcarer? is it caring for the children in their own home like a nanny?

JCrakers
31-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Seems to be a new thing the government has bought in where a family has someone in their home to care for the child. So a nanny really. The family can get help through tax credits etc.
So could work for a family who has unsociable hours

Ok...by looking on google its not a new thing...lol. I think its basically a nanny or aupair

stardust
31-01-2012, 06:27 PM
I've just been having a look on the ofsted inspection website and there seems to be a lot of home childcarers in my area but not so many childminders?
Whats a home childcarer? is it caring for the children in their own home like a nanny?

I am registered as a home carer and a childminder. Meaning that if i chose to do so i can go back to nannying (nannies only need to be ofsted registered to claim childcare vouchers or for the parents to claim the childcare element through tax credits.)

A home carer is a nanny/ au-pair who is registered with ofsted on the Childcare register only. Therefore no paperwork or eyfs to complete as they are not on the Early Years register.

Tara xx

appleblossom
31-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Also, a Home Childcarer is Self Employed as Child Minders are, not employed by parents like Nannies, so do their own tax etc.

It's something I may like to try once my DS leaves school and I won't feel as though I need to be at home all the time.

stardust
09-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Also, a Home Childcarer is Self Employed as Child Minders are, not employed by parents like Nannies, so do their own tax etc.

It's something I may like to try once my DS leaves school and I won't feel as though I need to be at home all the time.

Ahh not necessary I was a nanny on the 'home childcare' as I was ofsted registered but I was employed. You can only be a self employed nanny if you care for 2 families like a nanny share. HMRC send you a letter stating you can not be self employed if you work soley for one person. x