PDA

View Full Version : tax credits.....oh dear!!

cabby
31-01-2012, 11:32 AM
just had a call from tax credits asking me to confirm payment details about a child in my care, all seemed fine until she asked me how many hours i look after the other 2 children after school and school holidays.............i dont!!!!

would you let mum know they have rang?? x

JCrakers
31-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Oops... I would mention it to Mum at pick up time. I would casually mention they have rang to ask how many hours her child attends.
Can't believe that parents put us in a position like this as we are not going to lie for them and by telling the truth they could get into trouble :rolleyes:

cabby
31-01-2012, 11:47 AM
the thing is i had a "feeling" about her when she first came out to see me so i did drop into conversation how tax credits will check with me the hours the lo comes and how much she will be paying me, and again when she signed contracts!! he only started 2 weeks ago and i know up until yesterday she was still waiting for payment from them, he isnt here today so i might just text her and say they have been in touch so they must be sorting it for her now:rolleyes:and see what reaction i get !!!

Happy Bunny
31-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I am glad that the tax credits are checking up a bit more on parents.
Bet your parent didn't think they would check lol

cs01
31-01-2012, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't mention it. I think people who intentionally claim any kind of benefit they are not entitled to should have to think on their feet when they get the call :p. I wouldn't give anyone the heads up. But hey, that's just me.

miffy
31-01-2012, 01:33 PM
just had a call from tax credits asking me to confirm payment details about a child in my care, all seemed fine until she asked me how many hours i look after the other 2 children after school and school holidays.............i dont!!!!

would you let mum know they have rang?? x

No, I wouldn't tell mum at all - keep out of it.

Miffy xx

kellib
31-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't tell her either, it's her mess so I wouldn't get involved!

HELEN10
31-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't mention it either, she can't undo what she has said to them so there is no point!

At least now the taxman will know that you are not earning as much as it appears!

Tatjana
31-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't mention it either.

PixiePetal
31-01-2012, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't mention it either - you have done no wrong, let her take the consequences of her actions.

cabby
31-01-2012, 03:48 PM
i didnt bother telling her, lo's due in tomorrow so i'll see if she says anything :rolleyes:

onceinabluemoon
31-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Don't tell her! Not at all, when the tax man turns up at her door let her work her own way out of it unprepared with more lies. All she had to do was tell the truth!!!

ChocolateChip
31-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't tell her either, let it be a surprise!
I always tell people when they are visiting and signing up that I have to tell HMRC info if I am asked and they get it in black and white so I'm afraid if they decide to tell porkies that's their hard luck :mad:

Just be warned hun, in case she decides to terminate. :(

blue bear
31-01-2012, 08:45 PM
My friend got letter from tax credits saying they were happy with parents claim for childcare with her. They included a copy of friends invoice.
Only thing is my friend never writes invoices and has never had the child only an initial vist!!!!

Mouse
31-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't tell a parent for fear of them disappearing & owing me money! Are you paid up to date from this parent?