PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork...argghh

JCrakers
31-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Just spent an hour catching up on 6 EY folders....:mad: Ive not done huge long observations but writing them up (did about 8) and linking them and doing next steps.

2 mindees were busy playing together having lots of fun so didnt need my intervention but i feel so drained after catching up and writing out observations it's such a pain.

I refuse to do it out of hours and I dont get time ayway but Im more or less full with 4 EY children in the day and 1x4yr old from preschool and a nearly 5yr old at school Im finding less and less time to do all the folderwork.

Plus I have a couple of part time places available that 2 parents have enquired about......I wish it was less paperwork...YAWN.

Laura233
31-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi,

I work with 2 assistants and we currently have 7 under 5's at our setting plus my daughter and I am forever doing paperwork... it really does take the fun out of the job at times!!

I am really hoping they do something to make the EYFS paperwork a lot less before I really do lose the will to live with it!!

sarah707
31-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I love doing the LJs! I tend to write them in the evenings while everything is fresh in my mind.

It's the rest of the stuff I could do without :rolleyes::D

loocyloo
31-01-2012, 06:25 PM
i do enjoy the LJ and there is usually so much i want to put in them, and i try to spend a 15 mins or so each evening doing them.

BUT, if i have to go out as soon as mindees gone ( choir practice, swimming etc ) i am not motivated when i get back and then i spend the next few days putting it off! i am now trying to do them when everyone has tea! that said, my children had friends to tea and i didn't get round to doing them :D

blue bear
31-01-2012, 07:36 PM
I have 9 in eyfs and find it hard going, o do as much as I can during nap times and to be honest don't put in as much as I used to because if the time it takes.