PDA

View Full Version : Permission to change nappies?

helendee
30-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I have just read on another site that it is a requirement to have signed permission to change a little one's nappy... please someone tell me that this isn't true. If it is it has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!!:eek:

catlyn
30-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Oh for goodness sake I sincerely hope not....that would be paperwork gone mad!!

onceinabluemoon
30-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't have permission, it's a foregone conclusion that we will change their nappies surely! How ridiculous!!

helendee
30-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks ladies, I thought as much but someone in Southampton said that she has been told that she has to do it!!

catlyn
30-01-2012, 10:08 PM
surely no one who is any kind of position to advise childminders on policies and procedures could even suggest this was a requirement?? who told her if you dont mind me asking....?

wendywu
31-01-2012, 12:08 AM
I have permission to apply the parents own nappy cream. I have had this for 4 or more years.

Always thought it was stupid, why would they give it to me if they did not want me to use it :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
31-01-2012, 08:11 AM
It is not a requirement but considered good practice to have permission to apply nappy cream just the same way as you have permission to apply sun cream. This is because it is considered that you are 'invading' the childs personal space by applying these creams. This is one of the reasons school refuse to apply suncream any more.

I just include it in my list of permissions/consents that my parents sign.

wendywu
31-01-2012, 12:55 PM
And we were told to have permission to strap children into high chairs and buggies. :eek:

Mouse
31-01-2012, 01:06 PM
It is not a requirement but considered good practice to have permission to apply nappy cream just the same way as you have permission to apply sun cream. This is because it is considered that you are 'invading' the childs personal space by applying these creams. This is one of the reasons school refuse to apply suncream any more.

I just include it in my list of permissions/consents that my parents sign.

Invading their personal space :eek::eek:

You're changing a nappy, I don't think you get much more personal than that! It's hardly invading personal space when you're already there :rolleyes:

cabby
31-01-2012, 01:09 PM
:eek::eek::eek: think of a permission form i WILL NOT be getting signed........................

miffy
31-01-2012, 01:20 PM
And we were told to have permission to strap children into high chairs and buggies. :eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bonkers!

Miffy xx

mummyMia
31-01-2012, 02:20 PM

Oh, this is just ridiculous! :laughing:

Tatjana
31-01-2012, 09:58 PM
You mean don't have this permission in place???!:eek:

Don't tell me you don't have one to wipe snotty noses too? Call yourself childminders pah!!:laughing::laughing::laughing: