PDA

View Full Version : Purchased the course.....what else to do??

lexilooloo
30-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi all,

I am very new to all this, and don't really know anyone else that is a childminder to give me any help.

I have made the step to become a childminder and have purchased and started the online Child Minder – CACHE Level 3 Award course with the Child Care College (via Stonebridge College). It's the CYPOP5.

I have also just completed and passed the paediatric first aid course.

What else do i need to do??
Are there any other courses i need? Do i need to register with anyone (now or after completing the course?)

The online doesn't give any information as to what i need to do outside of passing the course!

Should i of done anything before starting the course??

What are the general steps to becoming a childminder and in what order?

I'm a bit green to all of this as you can tell!!

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah.

Kiddleywinks
30-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Have you contacted your local early years team yet? (local council should be able to give you the number) It's possible your area already do the course, for free.
They would also be able to take you through the necessary steps, and maybe have briefing sessions.

I contacted the local team
Went to a briefing session - outlined the necessary steps
Did the course, including first aid, with them (one evening a week)
EY team came out and went through the house like a dose of salts for me
OFSTED came out
EY team came out and gave me loads more information

HTH

nicaukids
30-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi there,
Yes, phone local council, or try your family information service - who can point you in right direction & where you can access lots of different training & choose what interests you.
Good luck

lexilooloo
30-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Thank you!

Just been on the phone to local council and am booked on to the pre-reg meeting for this Wednesday! So hopefully, all shall be a lot clearer from then on!

Thanks!