PDA

View Full Version : Feeling mad about this

JCrakers
30-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I enquired about becoming accredited as a parent really wants her dd to stay with me now shes 3yrs.

Had someone come to see me initially, told me I would have to have an informal inspection to see if EYFS is correct...fair enough
Said I would have to do 'Progress from the start' course which is 2hrs...fair enough

BUT the one thing that has swayed me to not continue is the business plan I have to produce. Hubby works in an office and he was quite irate about it too :laughing: Neither myself or hubby see the point in this. Hubbie just says its paperwork put in place by someone who has no idea about running a childminding business. Theres paperwork in his business that is just a waste of time too. All the questions are aimed at a nursery and Im damned if Im going to put my incomings (my personal wage packet) into this plan for someone to see...
Plus, asking on here there a other counties that dont have to do one.

Im so mad about this, I really dont see why the council or the government need to see my wages for the next 3yrs?? How can I determine what Im going to be earning next year...:angry:

Mum is going to be let down and Im not happy

Mouse
30-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Have you phoned your local council and asked why you have to do a business plan? I don't see how that can make any difference to you offering the funded places.

I suppose if a nursery wasn't making enough money they may close and the childen lose their places, but most childminders would carry on even with just one child & wait for the next enquiry to come along.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Pipsqueak
30-01-2012, 12:27 PM
i wouldn't do a 'business plan' either to become accredited (nor did I have to!)

Its paperwork for paperworks sake - I would challenge it and ask exactly how this will be of benefit to you, your clients and whomever is going to check it over. Ask how the personal info will be stored - ie info about your finances etc.

JCrakers
30-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Exactly my thoughts...paperwork for paperworks sake..:angry:

I could probably sit and do it, although its so formal but its the principal of it. Its just un-needed and I dont see the point to it whatsoever....

I really dont see why I need to give my earnings for all my mindees when its just 1 child that will be recieving the funding.
It really doesnt make sense and I feel its probably someone with nothing to do has been given this task. Someone with a business head that doesnt have a clue about children as its a generic plan which could cover any business.

FussyElmo
30-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Query it - i know when I became accreditated I worried over filling out the business plan and when I spoke to the guy at the finace he said it was more for the nurseries. I filled some forms out but nothing major :thumbsup:

gegele
30-01-2012, 01:51 PM
i had to do one BEFORE starting to mind whne i didn't have the faintest idea of the kind of expenses i was looking at, before i even had a mindee or hope of one to ask for a starting grant!!!! i was told to make up children!!! I spent HOURS working factice things out and i was refused it :angry::angry::angry: hours of