PDA

View Full Version : Help car seats in VW Sharan

samb
30-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Help all Sharan users!

I have my new car and was putting different car seats I have in in different ways to see which combination I like best. Here's the problems I have come across so far -
Infant rear facing seats need to be in a chair that is pushed as far back as it will go for the belt to fit round
My Nania stage 1 car seat doesn't fit - it over hangs the chair and there is a gap between the bottom back of the seat and the chair where they are a different shape and so it is not secure
I have not got the option to turn off front air bag and so need to use all 5 back seats - front not an option
For children in high back boosters to have leg room the seat needs to be as far back as it will go
For my buggy to fit in the boot I have to have 1 of the back row chairs pushed right forward

So... What car seats have you got in yours and how do you make them fit?! I am going to have to replace the Nania which is a shame as there is one in the baby event in asda and I was going to buy another as i need 3 stage 1 seats and I only have 2. Could do with them being cheap as possible as as you can imagine buying a new (2nd hand) car wasn't cheap! I have a Maxi Cosi Priori XP which fits so can use that and a graco junior Maxi which is fine and a Mothercare infant seat which is fine as long as I can put in seat pushed back to fit it in the belt. I will need to have at the moment - 1 stage 2/3, 3 stage 1s and 1 stage 0 on a regular basis but in next few months my ds will need next one up and so will baby so will then need - 2x stage 2/3 and 3 stage 1s.

blue bear
30-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Ïve never had your problem to be honest. For rearward facing I have a Britax that also goes forward facing. I have three nania seats that have full harness in, which convert to high back booster then just a school age booster.
With seats forward/ back footroom is tight but never impossible. I'm lucky I've got two built in seats in my sharan which when popped up creates a little footstep so takes away the need for normal leg room.

nikki thomson
30-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Britax are the best in my opinion, go on there website and put in make of car and they will tell you which carseats fit your car. X

samb
08-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Ok so a cm friend has shown me that my seat did fit after all! I felt v silly! Anyway I now need to buy 1 more- I have 2 seats with isofix- never had that before- so am looking at getting an isofix seat- some are talki g about a top tether- how do I know if I have got that?! The ones with the front leg are soooo expensive. If I don't have toP tether I will just get a cheap normal seat. Cor this car seat lark is hard wOrk!!!