PDA

View Full Version : Aquadraw - any good?

Demonjill
30-01-2012, 09:07 AM
seen Rainbow Aquadraw local to me on ebay wondered if it was any good its bargain price

I think I would love it if no one else does :blush:

Any info welcomed:thumbsup:

christine e
30-01-2012, 09:10 AM
We have the ordinary aquadraw and we love it so can only think the rainbow one would be even better

Cx

AgentTink
30-01-2012, 09:15 AM
I three different types of aqua doodle, and the children love it when we get it out. I think they like the big mats and the magic of the pen disappearing. It just introduces children to another form of creative tools. Also it is easy activity to have out for one child if the other children want to play with something else as it is non toxic and no small bits likes crayons and pencil for you to keep your eye on

kellib
30-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Never mind the kids, I love aquadraw! :laughing:

christine e
30-01-2012, 10:11 AM
If you are not careful you will be encouraging forum members to bid against you :laughing:

Cx

blue bear
30-01-2012, 12:51 PM
We have the original and rainbow ones, the rainbow one is the favourite.

Tealady
30-01-2012, 01:06 PM
It's great....mine is drying on the radiator as we speak!!

However you may want to cold sterilise the pens or get some new ones from Amazon. My LO's try and suck the water out the nib so you don't know if the previous owners children have done the same!

llkbabob
30-01-2012, 01:44 PM
they are good the only problem i have it that they are out for about 5 minutes and then drying (my lot draw to quick (lol) drying it not a prblem when the radiators are on

ChocolateChip
30-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I would recommend it, my lot love it!
Great for the younger ones to enjoy mark making without any mess ;) but my schoolies like it aswell.

I also bought some of the smaller individual sets but they don't last two minutes so not worth it really but the large mat is great.

winstonian
30-01-2012, 06:41 PM
we have the normal aqua draws amd use them with normal paintbrushes - love them!

snufflepuff
30-01-2012, 07:03 PM
We have a thomas the tank engine aquadraw mat. It came with a roller pen which draws train track, and little battery powered train which chugs along following the track lines while playing the theme tune- very clever!

Infact I'm not sure where the mat has gone, will have to dig it out tomorrow

Katy M
30-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah we have Aquadraw-it's really good. I find it is good to encourage mark-making in young children that don't necessarily want to be sat up at the table to draw. They can draw and move away and come back as they wish.
The down side is definitely having to wait for it to dry so it can be drawn on again.

miffy
30-01-2012, 08:39 PM
We've only got the ordinary ones but all the children from toddlers to teens love them!

Hope you got it :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Loushah
30-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Love them....I've got the rainbow one and baby one and my lo's love it... I do let them draw with paint and felt pens but need to be supervised closely with these....so when the schoolies are doing their art & crafts and I am working with them, I let the lo play with the aquadraw so that he can join in too.:clapping:

betty boop
30-01-2012, 09:40 PM
we have one its great even the older ones love it :thumbsup:

Demonjill
30-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Yay i did get it and its brand new in box (double xmas pressie) cant wait to try it out!!:thumbsup::clapping:

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

littletreasures
31-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Just had our Aquadraw out and the puppy has just run over it with wet muddy paws!!!

Has anyone put their Aquadraw in the wash. It says sponge only, but I don't think that will get the muddy pawprints out.

tashaleee
31-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Can you get spare pens for them? Mine only came with one which is not much use when two want to do it and they dont do sharing well....

christine e
31-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Can you get spare pens for them? Mine only came with one which is not much use when two want to do it and they dont do sharing well....

I rang Tomy and ordered some more for a few pounds but like a previous poster says you can just use paint brushes and water

Cx

Tealady
31-01-2012, 12:46 PM

Yes, I got mine on Amazon.... however I also use paintbrushes and water.

kellib
31-01-2012, 12:47 PM
This thread inspired me to get our Aquadraw out today :thumbsup:

cherry
31-01-2012, 01:06 PM
I was in Early Learning this morning and they have a big sale on craft stuff including Aquadraw and Rainbow Aquadraw also Magic maize

Guess what I've bought more of, my mindees love aquadraw :)

miffy
31-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Yay i did get it and its brand new in box (double xmas pressie) cant wait to try it out!!:thumbsup::clapping:

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Bet you'll all love it!

Miffy xx

Demonjill
31-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Thursday is the Aquadraw day - time to try it out - cannot wait.:thumbsup: