PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHHHHHHH rubbish ....

NicoleW
29-01-2012, 02:43 PM
I've just spent £60 on books, and now I'm looking for a book stand.

Does anyone know how to hide packages from OH's and pretend that new resources have been here all this time?

blue bear
29-01-2012, 03:17 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: what are you like? Say after me "my name is Nicole and I'm addicted to resources". That should cure you.

Penny1959
29-01-2012, 03:19 PM
To hide from other OH - you take books to friend - friend brings to you when Oh there and says either 'here are the books I promised to lend you' or (the better of the two) Here are the books you lent me - sorry I have had them so long':D

Penny :)

breezy
29-01-2012, 03:22 PM
How about saying " isnt it amazing what you can get on Freecycle these days" :laughing:

NicoleW
29-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Lol :D :D

To be fair though I've not bought really anything for my childminding as we've been using our children's birthday and Christmas presents (she's only 18 months old so doesn't really 'know') Just while I got some work, now I have two full time mindees :D I said to myself that I'm allowed to buy atleast one resource every month from when I get paid to help build up.

Though ONE resource could mean ''books'' in general instead of just 1 book.. Yes.. that is what it means. And you can't get books without a little bookcase of some sort

I want a child sized sofa next month

miffy
29-01-2012, 06:37 PM
If you manage to stick to one a month you'll be doing very well :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Mouse
29-01-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm lucky, DH doesn't have any say in what I buy. He just rolls his eyes when he sees me with new stuff :laughing::D

jumpinjen
29-01-2012, 07:02 PM
I saw a fab idea where they used IKEA spice racks fixed to the wall as book racks - they had about four one above the other and the books are front cover out for the children to see and choose from - looked really great and got to be cheaper than a posh bookshelf!!

Jen x

karen m
29-01-2012, 07:02 PM
I am lucky my husband works away so things that we have out when he is home are things out the cupboard i forgot i had them or you never notice things i buy until months later,to be fair very rare has he ever mentioned me buying stuff in a disapproving way

lma
29-01-2012, 07:53 PM
I saw a fab idea where they used IKEA spice racks fixed to the wall as book racks - they had about four one above the other and the books are front cover out for the children to see and choose from - looked really great and got to be cheaper than a posh bookshelf!!

Jen x

I have a small room just off the living room which we call our library/quiet room. It used to be jam packed with books but i got sick of it and the children couldnt really see what we had so i have them all upstairs in the spare bedroom now and instead i have 5 ikea spice racks on the wall and have a few books in each spice rack. the room looks so much bigger now and the children can see what books are there more easily. I just rotate them every few weeks
:thumbsup:

betty boop
29-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm lucky, DH doesn't have any say in what I buy. He just rolls his eyes when he sees me with new stuff :laughing::D

he-he-he that sounds familier ;)

singingcactus
29-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Just tell him you needed books for the children you are paid to care for. I can't imagine hiding things from my husband :laughing: I assume you are joking. Whatever unit you get for the books will be the only place where there are no books btw, the kids will pull them all off lol. I find boxes work best cos they can sit on the floor at little kid level. And we keep some card ones in the toy boxes.

Playmate
29-01-2012, 08:19 PM
As my hubby works with me as a CM, he is worse than me :laughing:

Wendybird
30-01-2012, 10:02 AM

Jen x

Was just going to suggest this:clapping: We've got a few on the wall that I keep art supplies in as I've already got a bookshelf ;)

NicoleW
30-01-2012, 05:08 PM
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40070185/

Those? That's quite ingenious

Wendybird
30-01-2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40070185/

Those? That's quite ingenious

Yep, those are the ones! They are narrow so don't take up much space. I've got jars with free access art supplies in, play dough & a tin of cutters,etc. I love them and would get more if I could get more in the room :thumbsup: