PDA

View Full Version : Developing mindee mouse / computer skills

Zoomie
29-01-2012, 10:48 AM
I have a mindee who is 3 and I would like to start working on his computer / mouse skills.

Does anyone know a programme or a website that is good for developing this.

Normally I use the cbeebies website where we start off with the watch and listen clips, initially I do all the mouse work and then gradually get the mindee to take over more and more, until they can basically navigate to a clip, click on it, click on the playbutton etc etc.

However, this particular mindee is not interested in cbeebies. And he will just rest his hand on the mouse, not moving it or clicking no matter how many times I show / indicate to him.

He is into skeletons / pirates and does enjoy watching youtube clips, but my problem is that other clips then come up and as I haven't watched them previously I am not happy about navigating towards them.

gigglinggoblin
29-01-2012, 11:05 AM
We use tuxpaint (which I think you can find to download on the internet), jacksonpollock.org (I think thats right) which just requires you to use the mouse without clicking and kneebouncers (website) which is just bashing the keyboard. The last two are really basic but require input to do anything which might inspire him. Tuxpaint is a bit more advanced but my kids love it

Cammie Doodle
29-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Ours have learnt good mouse skills by letting them look through photos on the computer 1 LO who is 26mths knows exactly how to get the photo of my sons dog to appear , bless her.
I also have a couple of discs Miffy. Disney,Noddy and Learning Ladders,(all age 3-5 ) but photos are still the favourite

Angela234
29-01-2012, 09:18 PM
my little ones love http://tuxpaint.org/ go on here and download it's free lots to do

Jiorjiina
29-01-2012, 09:42 PM
I like to use Orsinal (http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/), which has lots of games, all of which are great for mouse skills.

loocyloo
29-01-2012, 09:44 PM
my little ones love http://tuxpaint.org/ go on here and download it's free lots to do

that looks really good, thanks x

kellib
29-01-2012, 09:46 PM
If he's into pirates try Jake and the Neverland Pirates on the Disney Junior website :)

appleblossom
29-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Up until last September I looked after a little boy who was very keen on playing PC games. When he was about 2yr 8m he had started playing games on the laptop at his home but didn't get along with the mouse on my PC.

I bought a small mouse for him to use here. It lights up and is a red racing car. He quickly learned to use it by playing drag and drop games (like taking apples off a tree and putting them in a basket. (I think that was a Bob The Builder game). He started pre-school a couple of months later aged 3yr 10m. The staff were astounded at his computer skills as he could turn on the PC, find the game he wanted and start playing. He had excellent mouse control within just a few weeks. He used to enjoy half an hour playing games after his lunch when the other children were napping and it was nice and quiet.