PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to name this thread

brit_chick
22-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Hello peeps. When k & m mum comes to pick them up she always ends staying for about an hour! On friday she came to pick them up & ended up staying for 3 hours :mad:! I dont want to be rude & tell her to go. I dont ask her to stay as i have got things to do after work! When there dad picks them up he go's stright away. Another thing as soon as she comes or there dad k go's stright to the toy box & gets all the toys out (that we have just put away) & starts playing with them & he know's its home time!

Does anyone else have this?

crazybones
22-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Crikey not for 3 hours. Sometimes for 10 minutes when the child does that mad crazy testing who is in charge thing but 3 hours :eek: You need to start dropping big hints that you have to be somewhere and if that doesnt work tell her to GO NOW PLEASE.

littlesprogs
22-05-2008, 04:46 PM
start charging her for the extra 3 hours!!!

Trouble
22-05-2008, 04:48 PM
mine stayed an hour today dont mind her normally but i still havent eaten today and its 5.54 now

Blaze
22-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Either charge for the extra time, put a note in your newsletter if you do one or have the LO ready to go & do hand over at the door! BUT NIP THIS IN THE BUD NOW!!!!!

charleyfarley
22-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Yep, been there, not for three hours though :eek:

Parents now don't get past my kitchen, front door is next to this room.

If they stay too long I start pottering about hoping they take the hint, not got brave enough yet to say something :panic:

Hubby thinks I'm quite rude sometimes the way I leave them standing there while I sort things out :D

Perhaps you should drop a few suptle hints if that doesn't work then you need to tell her straight or charge her for the hours she sits there chatting after all it's still your time.

Carol xx

Pipsqueak
22-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Agree with everyone else - nip this in the bud now. I had this with a parent - could stay for upto (and occasionally past) an hour.

Be up front and say I'd love to chat but right now I have to get on, I'm sure you understand and move towards the door.
As for the getting toys out - remember who's home it is - yours and your rules state that you have finished work and its going home time. Don't be afraid to say it and remove the toys if you have to.

angeldelight
God I would hate that

Parent keeps me chatting for ages at the door god I would dread to think if I let her in how long it would be

Nip it in the bud now and say from now on children are being collected from the door like at school but if they need to speak to you about anything they are welcome to do that when you are free

Good luck hope you work it out

By the way does this parent not have a home of her own haha

Angel xx

miffy
Try having the children ready to go - coats and shoes on - bags by the door

Then usher them out saying bye see you tomorrow or whatever

3 hours is way out staying your welcome :eek:

Good luck

miffy xx

angeldelight
22-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Actually I am telling you to get tough I have probs with my parent who talks at the door for ages

She now tells the 8 year old to go and play on the grass so she can chat to me about NOTHING !!

Angel xx

miffy
22-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Actually I am telling you to get tough I have probs with my parent who talks at the door for ages

She now tells the 8 year old to go and play on the grass so she can chat to me about NOTHING !!

Angel xx

Yes but it's always a lot easier to give advice than it is to take it :)

miffy xx

angeldelight
22-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Yes Miffy you are right

Apart from telling her TO GO HOME there is not a lot I can do I have dropped so many hints - hubby calls me for the pretend phone call and she says she will wait !!! It rains she gets wet but still she stays

I dont know why she does this

Angel xx

brit_chick
22-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I have always got the children ready to go & the baby is always in the buggy ready to go aswell. Yesterday when she came she did the same again & i went to the door & put my hand on it to open it but she didnt take the hint then i felt bad because she might of thought i was rude!

miffy
22-05-2008, 05:07 PM
It's probably because you are easy to talk to - normally that would be a very good thing but after a long day at work it doesn't always seem it does it?

miffy xx

miffy
22-05-2008, 05:10 PM
I have always got the children ready to go & the baby is always in the buggy ready to go aswell. Yesterday when she came she did the same again & i went to the door & put my hand on it to open it but she didnt take the hint then i felt bad because she might of thought i was rude!

I don't think it's rude to want your home to yourself - you've worked the hours paid for - for her to assume she can stay another 3 hours that's rude.

You either have to make the hand-over as brisk as you can or charge her the extra hours

miffy xx

charleyfarley
22-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Yes Miffy you are right

Apart from telling her TO GO HOME there is not a lot I can do I have dropped so many hints - hubby calls me for the pretend phone call and she says she will wait !!! It rains she gets wet but still she stays

I dont know why she does this

Angel xx

Get tough Angel, you know you can do it :laughing:

Carol xx

cloud9
23-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh my god that would bug me like hell. I love the children dont get me wrong but i love home time better. I only have 1 parent that stays and thats usually only for about 15 mins so i don't mind as it gives us a good chance to talk about the mindees day.

ajs
23-05-2008, 12:56 PM
3 hours NO WAY

one of my mums chats to me which i quite like but when i have had enough i just pick up her daughter kiss the child and say while smiling i think she wants to go now and start walking her to the door, she has never not gone when i have decided enough is enough

Lou
23-05-2008, 12:58 PM
You need to nip it in the bud as soon as poss, i cant believe she stayed for 3 hours thats so rude!!!

I have one who can sometimes stay up to an hour, sometimes i have to put my shoes on etc and pretend to be going out just to get rid lol, but its been going on for so long i dont feel i can say anything now.

Child is leaving in sept so i will just have to put up with it till then!!!

tulip0803
23-05-2008, 01:01 PM
I had a parent that used to stay for an hour - I started to charge time and a half until they left the house. It didn't happen much after that.

I explained that until they left the premises I am still working and all my insurances etc were still in effect so I would have to charge until they had all left, and as it was outside of contracted hours it would have to be at overtime rate.

disney
23-05-2008, 01:11 PM
i have had this before but not for that long at the most half an hour . when i first started i used to be polite and say nothing then drop hints that they didnt seem to get :angry: i just say i love my job but at the end of the day im very tired so if a child is here till 5 i will have them ready at that time at the door and only do 5 mins free hand overs . they now dont stay as i dont thinkthey want to pay ! and all parents are asked to take shoes of before they come in but most cant be bothered so they dont even come past the hall way x

mum22
23-05-2008, 02:05 PM
3 hours:eek: cannot cannot believe they could be so rude :panic:

helen

Banana
23-05-2008, 02:32 PM
None of my parents stay now. I learnt that if I move to the hall/door as im speaking the have to follow me and then I saw 'anyway, we'll see you'..... whenever they next come - open the door as you say it. Or have your shoes on, coat on and say that you are going straight out somewhere - see if that works :D

brit_chick
23-05-2008, 04:48 PM
None of my parents stay now. I learnt that if I move to the hall/door as im speaking the have to follow me and then I saw 'anyway, we'll see you'..... whenever they next come - open the door as you say it. Or have your shoes on, coat on and say that you are going straight out somewhere - see if that works :D

Thats a good idea banana about having my shoes & coat on :). When she came for them today she only stayed for about 15 mins :D

mum22
23-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Thats a good idea banana about having my shoes & coat on :). When she came for them today she only stayed for about 15 mins :D

ha maybe her ears were burning:laughing:

helen

RedDragon
23-05-2008, 05:03 PM
3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

All my parents are fine now. I tend to talk to the children saying "Come on, time to go, I'm tired and am going to have a bath now" etc. If 1 of the kids decides that they want to go back and play with the toys I am quite stern and say "No, come on - your mum/dad is here - you know not to do that", etc.

I would prefer to be rude for a few seconds that have that to put up with that every day - it would ruin my day thinking was was coming up at the end of my working day.

As soon as the minded children leave it's time to concentrate on my own family (and myself). Put yourself 1st - I think that is downright rude.

Michelle M
26-05-2008, 08:08 PM
I posted something similar to this before, I had a parent who would stay for an hour. Now I have the childs shoes on ready and when Dad comes, I say bye have a great evening, or I will take the child out to Dad when I see him arrive, or I get my coat on and go out even if its round the block lol