PDA

View Full Version : Mindees bags and bits

28-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Just a quick general question to you all......what do you do with regards to Mindees bags that they bring everyday? My mindees parents supply me with a box of nappies and wipes for their child which I keep in my garage and then everyday they will bring a bag with spare clothes and wellies in. However for the children that are with me more than one day that week, they tend to leave their bag on their peg for the duration which can get in the way.

I am moving house soon and don't think that there will be much room for storing all these things and just wondered how you all organise yourselves.

little chickee
28-01-2012, 09:59 PM
The bags that the kids bring with them with their daily things in - including nappies, spare clothes etc i send home with them every night.

I have a wee cloakroom area at my front door with pegs for jackets and bags etc but i like this to be clear at the end of each day - just looks tidier!

Mouse
28-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I keep the packets of nappies here, then parents send a bag each day with clothes etc in. They always go home at the end of the day. I put each child's daily diary in their bag, so it has to go home each day.

When you move house, start afresh by sending bags home with mindees :thumbsup:

QualityCare
28-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Bags go home everyday, wellingtons and slippers stay for the week, packets of nappies stored in utility room.

leeloo1
28-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I send all bags (with daily diaries in) home each day. I store nappies and wipes that parents provide here, but thats it. :)

miffy
28-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Those in nappies have a box each here with nappies, wipes etc in.

The bags they bring each day go home with them at the end of the day.

Miffy xx

28-01-2012, 11:24 PM
The thing is my daily diaries are online so there is no need for bags to go home every night but I have such a small hallway that the bags get in the way especially the big baby bags that some of my parents use!

Helen Dempster
29-01-2012, 12:18 AM
I keep all their nappies/wipes/pull-ups in the downstairs toilet. As for change of clothes, they're in a drawstring bag on the coat peg near the front door. Wellies for the mindees (only 2 pairs) are on the bottom row of my shoe rack, they stay here all the time. I also have a kids' coat stand where spare coats stay here.

muffins
29-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Mindees bring bags with what they need for the day & I send them home at the end of the day!
I do ask parents to bring slippers as I have a tiled floor but most dont so I just have a loads of spare cheap slipper socks for those that come for only 1 day a week. The one mindee who does 3 days leaves hers here!
During the day bags stay at the far end of my kitchen as mindees have access to the rest of the downstairs & you can bet someone will decide to do bag searchs:laughing: I've seen all sorts of unsuitable things in bags so try to avoid this, at the mo its a lighter & teathing tabs in another(the lid comes off easily)!

blue bear
29-01-2012, 10:02 AM
I'd explain to parent about lack of space and assuming they drive to yours suggest they store bags in the boot over night.
Mine all go home at the end if each day.

kellib
29-01-2012, 10:08 AM
I send all bags (with daily diaries in) home each day. I store nappies and wipes that parents provide here, but thats it. :)

That's what I do too

snufflepuff
29-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Each child has their own box (they're plastic ones from ikea.) Some leave everything they need in their boxes, others bring it each day. The boxes are stored on my stairs, behind the stair gate (one on each stair, so there's room for me to walk up and down still.) The children only go upstairs for naps, and I take them up, so there's no danger of them tripping over the boxes or whatever.

I used to keep the boxes in the hallway but found all sorts of stuff in their bags that they really shouldn't be able to get hold of- lighters, diet pills, medication, coins etc. Must better that it's all kept out of reach.

christine e
29-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Each child brings a bag every day and it goes home every day. I only have a very small hallway so as we don't use the upstairs at all I put a bag on each step of the stairs if DH or DS at home I just make sure bags are put to one side of the step leaving plenty of room for them to go up and down

Cx

rickysmiths
29-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I have banned bags!!

I couldn't stand the mess and there was no need for them.

I have a bag of nappies which I keep in a cupboard and I supply everything else.

I invested in a small unit from Homebase that has 6 drawers in and it sits under their coat pegs in the hall.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=1673948

All changes of clothes, wellies, slippers etc go in. They are then only sent home if I am on holiday for a week or more so the parents can double check sizes and swap things if they choose. All clothes and shoes have to be named because at the moment i have 4 little boys aged 26mth to 13mths and some of them have the same trousers and shoes lol.

I have an outings bag which has a core of things I need and then I add nappies, clothes etc according to who I have on the day.

It is wonderful, the best thing I ever did.

samb
29-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I have banned bags!!

I couldn't stand the mess and there was no need for them.

I have a bag of nappies which I keep in a cupboard and I supply everything else.

I invested in a small unit from Homebase that has 6 drawers in and it sits under their coat pegs in the hall.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=1673948

All changes of clothes, wellies, slippers etc go in. They are then only sent home if I am on holiday for a week or more so the parents can double check sizes and swap things if they choose. All clothes and shoes have to be named because at the moment i have 4 little boys aged 26mth to 13mths and some of them have the same trousers and shoes lol.

I have an outings bag which has a core of things I need and then I add nappies, clothes etc according to who I have on the day.

It is wonderful, the best thing I ever did.

Wow that is lovely - wish i had space for it! I do different things with different parents. At the moment I have 1 who leaves nappies and wipes and then brings bag when child is in which goes on his peg. Then other family I look after 2 of their under 5s. They were constantly late due to "getting bags ready" in the morning so I put a stop to it by saying i would store nappies, wipes and change of clothes for each (baby and pre schooler potty training). Then each day Dad just brings pre schoolers school bag with a plastic bag inside with babies bottles, diaries and any other items that may need topping up which i write in daily diary. It is a pain to store it all and it looks messy etc however I cannot put up with the constant stress of wondering if they will be on time with the right stuff! And the baby bag was HUUUUUGE and totally unnecessary! I have another 3 ad hoc who are all older and bring bag when they are in and take home.

I have decided to invest in some plain draw string bags which the children can decorate and hang on their pegs and then their plastic bags can go inside to hang up so hopefully it will look a bit nicer! I will not send these home, just put things in plastic bag to take home if dirty and needs changing.

Moving house seems like the perfect time to change the way you do things so if you want them to bring items daily then begin when you move and hopefully it will be a new way for them too. :thumbsup:

kel1983
29-01-2012, 01:49 PM
We have a childs coat stand for their coats in our dining room and there bags either go on their peg with their coat or on the floor under the stand.

We have a set of clothes in our changing box for the children that are here every day and parents bring nappies and wipes daily. We have a few spares nappies for each size if they dont supply enough. Bags go home every night with the children.

Parents are useless at supplying wellies but we have been given loads in smaller sizes for back up

mushpea
29-01-2012, 03:07 PM
in my hall we have a box for all their shoes and a box for all their bags and then they hang their coats up on the pegs,, they dont have seperate boxes as I dont have the room and everything goes home at night,, they do have a draw each in my kitchen , its a plastic draw unit and in this they can store their bottles (when empty) , crafts and drawings etc. hats and gloves go in their bags.