PDA

View Full Version : Need some positive good luck vibes sending my way please.

MissTinkerbell
28-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Well I'm sure most of you will know that 9 months ago we had to move to the SW with DH's job and I had to say goodbye to my 3 lovely full-time mindees. I've not been able to get any mindees down here apart from a 10 year old who's hours have consistently been reduced down to just a Friday and now her big sister has lost her job so I haven't even got her now.

I have a part-time job doing 1 and a half days at a local preschool and seriously considered giving up the childminding and trying to get a full-time preschool or TA position as money was being spread extremely thin.

However I had an enquiry yesterday from a mum who has 8 month old twin girls and is very interested in coming to see me if I've got the spaces. She wants 2-3 days per week and can be flexible on which days she has so fits well with my preschool job.

I know that I'd need a variation from Ofsted but as I have no other mindees and have got twins myself (and still got all their stuff) hopefully there won't be a problem.

I so desperately want this one to pan out.... after 9 months of no mindees it would be lovely to get back to minding. I love my time at preschool and wouldn't give it up but just to be back doing minding would be great.

Please send me some good vibes guys:)

winstonian
28-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Good luck - sounds perfect. If I was a mum of twins I would love them to go to a childminder who had already had twins!
Loads of positive vibes coming your way x

Mollymop
28-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Hope you get the variations. Sending you good luck vibes. Let us know how you get on xx

rickysmiths
28-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Good luck. There shouldn't be a problem getting a variation for the twins and they are processing variations super quick at the moment :thumbsup:

It is hard when you move. I moved where we are 7 years ago where I had been for 10 years. It was so hard starting up again. I took on a few part timers and it took 18mths to get my first full timer.

betty boop
28-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Good luck i'll keep my fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

blue bear
28-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Good luck;)

Shamai
28-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Fingers crossed for you x

ruby
28-01-2012, 05:01 PM
keeping my fingers crossed :thumbsup:

nic t
28-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Sounds positive!

Good luck, got my fingers crossed. :)

karensmart4
28-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Good luck, I'm sure you'll get your variation I've had 2 and Ofsted were really helpful and quick :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
28-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Good luck!! I am sure you will get a variation for twins no trouble at all!!! I got a variation for 2 under 1 as 1 of them was a sibling of a current mindee so I can't see them turning it down for twins!!! I would also have thought that the fact you have had twins of your own would also prove to be a unique selling point to the parents!!!

Hope it goes well :clapping:

miffy
28-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Fingers crossed for you - let us know how it goes

Miffy xx

flowerpots
29-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Good luck hun, positive vibes coming your way. :)