PDA

View Full Version : Two babies or toddlers napping in same room

candlequeen
28-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Does anyone manage to have more than one baby or toddler napping at the same time in the same room without them waking each other? My friend says she puts them all to bed in the same room, and she has managed to teach them not to disturb each other, so they all nap at the same time (2 or 3 kids aged between 12 and 24 months). Is this normal? Should I aspire to do this or is it not worth trying?

I have not had to do this yet, but I am starting 2 new babies in March/April and it would be great if I could start off as I mean to go on, and get them used to this.

shelly2012
28-01-2012, 08:11 AM
It is great when you can get them all to sleep at the same time. I have 3 all sleeping at the same time 2 in the double buggy (2&1.5 yr old) and 1 yr old in the hall in the single buggy. They normal sleep for 1 hour after lunch. Good luck xx

breezy
28-01-2012, 08:35 AM
It can be done!!!!! I can usually do it after an active morning and early lunch, but one of mine is a screamer so if she wakes first it's not always good :laughing:

marnieb
28-01-2012, 08:51 AM
it can be done - I have 2 napping in the same room every day, sometimes 3!

nell57
28-01-2012, 09:14 AM
It has happened for me in the past, but its just happening with the two I have at the moment:rolleyes:. I have an 18m old, whose mum likes him to have at least an hour & half but only at certain time of the day, but also have a 11m old whose parent are happy for their little one to have any amount of sleep, no matter what time of day. The 11m old wakes really easy, so tends to wake the other, if they are asleep too close together, so do try to lay them down as far apart as i can;)

kel1983
28-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Yes we get them all to have their naps at the same time. Gives us time out.
Very often we have an 18 monthold in pushchair in the dining room and 2x 2 year old on the sofa or on the large sofa cushions on the floor. They tend to mess around sometimes but eventually go to sleep.

Wendybird
28-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Yes, but it depends on the kids. Twice a week I have a 2 y/o in a travel cot and DS2 on our bed sleeping. I have a little one settling in at the moment and it works best if I can get her down before DS2 as she is still fussing before sleep. DS2 is a champ sleeper though, so I don't worry if he gets woken up early - he'll just go back down when he gets tired. DS1 is a light sleeper and you've only got one chance - so wouldn't attempt to have another in his room. :rolleyes:

green puppy
28-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I have two 3 year old's that nap at the same time in the same room. They sleep through anything and the one that always wakes before the other knows to just call me once when she is awake so we don't disturb the other. As said before it does depend on the children and I only do it with these two.

pinky33
28-01-2012, 02:31 PM
All 6 of our under 2's sleep 2 to a room for 2 hrs every afternoon :)