PDA

View Full Version : Grant..what to buy??

greanan
27-01-2012, 08:13 PM
I recieved a grant for £250 this week and have no clue what to get with it, hoping some of you guys could help?

Im thinking of getting lots of little bits instead of one big thing. Would like a mixture of both indoor and outdoor resources for my mindees ranging from 8months to 6 years. any ideas??

Pipsqueak
27-01-2012, 08:50 PM
how lovely!

I would be scouring boot sales and try to get a good mix of indoor/outdoor stuff. Ride on toys, bean, threading beads or boards, bags to sit in for a book corner, bikes.....

maluvsya89
27-01-2012, 09:54 PM
i received a grant as well but for more as it paid for my training and doctor fees and ofsted fee!! very good i got loads of resources but because i have the twins ages 2, i only needed resources for the older children, i text a few mates found out what there kids are into and wrote a list down and got bits and pieces like barbie/princess or cars/trains these were books puzzles fancy dress train set role play stuff like kitchen etc. i used the rest for stationary which i even ended up going over my budget!! its suprises how much it costs to set up and have everything ready. x
for the babies i suggest getting soft toys, activity mat, push along toys, and rattles have a look at babiesRus and early learning centre loads of ideas on there x

maluvsya89
27-01-2012, 09:59 PM
also paints and brushes and other arty craft things. forgot out door toys: skipping ropes baby swings (get cheap on ebay etc) ride on toys again cheap on ebay gardening set, footballs, tennis racket etc, windmills (or you can make them) plenty of stuff that goes second hand or given away check your local council sites etc xx

Wendybird
28-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I am getting one of these as it is so open-ended. http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1727551/U-Choose-Original-Frames/

I figure I can get some acrylic cut to size to fit for painting and can paint some MDF myself with magnetic chalkboard paint. Things I plan to do with it include: weaving, water wall, painting & drawing, hang instruments for banging, hang water balloons for squeezing, magnetic play, making small shelves to hang for playing shop, hang dressing up on, etc. I figure I can do a lot with it and it should last a long time. I'm really excited about it. :thumbsup:

When I got a small grant I ordered several school supply catalogues to give me ideas. I thought Reflections on Learning had some great smaller things and were reasonably priced for much of it. I want a pvc pipe 'den' as well - but will buy the supplies myself as it is a fraction of the price.

blue bear
28-01-2012, 06:40 PM
I've gone for a dark den and accessories, digger ride on's and pretend bricks with mine.

Pandypops
28-01-2012, 09:32 PM
How do you go about getting a grant? I would love some help to buy resources!!

NicoleW
28-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Aww I want a grant too!

miffy
29-01-2012, 09:00 AM
I recieved a grant for £250 this week and have no clue what to get with it, hoping some of you guys could help?

Im thinking of getting lots of little bits instead of one big thing. Would like a mixture of both indoor and outdoor resources for my mindees ranging from 8months to 6 years. any ideas??

Great that you're getting a grant! :thumbsup: I thought, with the cutbacks, most of these had disappeared so I think you're lucky.

If it were me I'd try and buy one large thing that I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise.

Miffy xx