PDA

View Full Version : Why do Ofsted say Childminding Assistants cannot be left alone with over 5's?

bekki0405
27-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Could anyone tell me why childminding assistants are not allowed to be left with children who aren't in the EYFS.

I don't understand why you can leave them with one age group but not another.

Anyone have an answer?

Chatterbox Childcare
27-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I was told that as long as all the relevant paperwork is in place from the parent and DH is approved by Ofsted and the CRB is done then you can leave them - I do

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
27-01-2012, 07:59 PM
i think they also have to have a current first aid cert

bekki0405
27-01-2012, 08:02 PM
sounds like it an urban myth then?! Thanks

sarah707
27-01-2012, 08:49 PM
The requirements were changed / updated - children can now be left with assistants – with permission from Ofsted and parents

see Ofsted factsheet 080289 for more information.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
28-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Thank you for that Sarah.

I had missed that one and was in fact told by my inspector in Sept that I couldn't leave the older children in the house alone with the dh (my assistant) I did query it and I have all the correct written permissions and it says on my cert that he can be left alone :rolleyes:

I will now print out this sheet and add it ti my RA. It hasn't been a problem because for the last year I have only had under 5s.

bekki0405
29-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Thank you for that Sarah.

I had missed that one and was in fact told by my inspector in Sept that I couldn't leave the older children in the house alone with the dh (my assistant) I did query it and I have all the correct written permissions and it says on my cert that he can be left alone :rolleyes:

I will now print out this sheet and add it ti my RA. It hasn't been a problem because for the last year I have only had under 5s.

thank you Sarah and rickysmith. I will be doing the same.