PDA

View Full Version : Been asked to run a Parent & Toddler Group

kerrypriest
27-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone, I have been asked to run a Parent & Toddler Group at our local Health club, this is a great opportunity that i can not miss and for me to also expand my childminding business. I am so excited about being asked to run the toddler group but really want to make an impression and i just wondered if anyone could give me any tips or suggestions, thank you :laughing:

maluvsya89
27-01-2012, 02:00 PM
us parents run one between us, we get loads of stuff in and have lots of different activities on every week. we write a list of what activities there will be on each week so the parents know. we provide a snack time but parents bring the fruit. we supply drinks and biscuits. we have a singing session for the last 15minutes!! good luck and go for it. its great fun. xx p.s charge is £1 its once a week for 2hours. x

Tippy Toes
27-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Hello everyone, I have been asked to run a Parent & Toddler Group at our local Health club, this is a great opportunity that i can not miss and for me to also expand my childminding business. I am so excited about being asked to run the toddler group but really want to make an impression and i just wondered if anyone could give me any tips or suggestions, thank you :laughing:

No tips sorry but that sounds great, well done and good luck xx

Baildon bears
27-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I run a toddler group on a Monday morning, I love it, do lots of messy play. There are a few things you need to be aware of, firstly it's really hard work and you don't get much thanks for it, you have to let your mindees parents know what you intend to do, I would suggest a permission slip to say they are aware you run a toddler group and their child will not be left unattended, also do a policy. You can't please everyone, you will have people saying you need to do this and that, my toddler group got so busy we had 45 kids turn up one week :eek: we had people complaining. From that we had to look at ofsted guildlines to work out how many children ect... I also had to look at the safety of hot drinks. Having said that it's really fun and very rewarding. Good luck.