PDA

View Full Version : Free Training??

Jules12Wed
27-01-2012, 11:53 AM
We have just received our new training manual. Some are for targetted childminders and some for non targetted???

A group of us childminders got together and decided we would all book on a course together, 5 childminders in total 2 of which had outstanding grades.

4 of us were told it was fine but one was told she was not targetted and would need to pay £80 to go on the course. We have all called checking that ours are free and I was told that I was targetted!! When I asked what this meant she just said that they had a list of childminders who were targetted. They found that there were certain childminders who went on all the courses.

So why one childminder out of 5 who is due for her inspection anytime now and will have to explain to the inspector she has not done training cos she has to pay for it, she has only one child after school so is not earning as much as some of the others of us seems totally unfair that she would have to pay whilst others don't.

Does anyone else have to pay in the areas they work in??

blue bear
27-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Most if ours are free, some are charged but it's the same for all of us. Never heard of targeted childminders.

Pixie dust
27-01-2012, 01:09 PM
We now have to pay a small fee towards costs due to funding cuts which a lot of local minders are not happy about which I think is a negative attitude. When I say small fee I mean £10/£20 which is not a lot really, this includes first aid which I think is a bargain considering what some people have to pay!!

maluvsya89
27-01-2012, 01:43 PM
wow £10/£20 for first aid mine was £65.00p and that was the cheapest. most of our courses are free and even if they are free and you dont turn up you have to pay a fee!! never heard of targeted/non targeted thats seems very unfair. maybe she could ring up and question it and use some human rights we have a right to access free education if its to protect the child we care for and chuck some other things in if not maybe she could put a lil money aside for it each week/month and then pay for it on the day as alot of courses allow you to do that. hope she gets the training. x